Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Petrol expected to hit $2 a Litre

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
I'm happy to whinge about fuel prices, as I'm trying to pay off a new car for the misses as well as a new house on apprentice wages. So yes it does matter to some

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
I'm happy to whinge about fuel prices, as I'm trying to pay off a new car for the misses as well as a new house on apprentice wages. So yes it does matter to some

same boat here bud! paying for a new car and rent and most other billls on one wage as the missus is at uni! i knew life was meant to be hard but ****!

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2

You soon learn that some in this forum don't give a rat's arse about others. The "I'm alright Jack" attitude is alive and well here. I note that most replies are from V8 owners, so obviously, they consider fuel to be a minor issue as they know they will use a fair bit of it and prices rises don't matter so much. Others don't have long journeys to work everyday, so again, it's not a worry to them. Good luck to them. For some people, who live in areas where work is a fair distance away, and public transport is poor or non-existent, or for tradies who drive bulk distances each year, substantial increases in petrol prices will affect them. Saying that it will cost an extra $2 grand a year is over the top and typical of the media, who love to mould public opinion, but you can bet that any increases, over and above international fuel costs, will affect a lot of people. Just not many on this forum, I guess.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Yeah, this site is full of people who love the 'cant afford it, stiff **** line' be it taxes, petrol, speeding fines, rego, insurance etc. etc.

For the average household, yes, $2p/l is redicuals for fuel and something needs to be done about it or better public transport needs to be introduced.

aZk.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Yeah, this site is full of people who love the 'cant afford it, stiff **** line' be it taxes, petrol, speeding fines, rego, insurance etc. etc.

For the average household, yes, $2p/l is redicuals for fuel and something needs to be done about it or better public transport needs to be introduced.

aZk.

Mostly because it is the only argument their intelligence level allows. I drive a V8 but it doesn't mean I'd happily accept $2.00 a litre!

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
I don't know what others thoughts behind their comments are but in my case I grew up in a family of whingers and now work with a whole bunch of whingers so I can't really be bothered jumping on the band wagon and becoming one also. Life is too short to keep getting upset over things you got no control over, so as I said as long as LPG stays cheap then I don't really care.
My LPG conversion paid itself off in no time with the klms I do and that's why I did it.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car

aZk.

i wouldn't say the site is full of them just a few
and they're the same ones who trot out the usual **** that they made excellent life choices so they are far superior to the rest of us common folk.
wank wank

fuel prices well and truly suck at the moment
i paid $1.59 a litre on monday today i paid $1.37 so it was a little better

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I paid $1.54 wednesday, saturday cheaper $1.45. Thing with rising fuels is watch the days its cheaper they have changed.

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
The only good thing that will come out of high fuel prices is the fact that some people will be more determined to develop alternative fuels. i cant wait for the day to come when fuel companies cant give away the fuel we use now because better fuels have been developed.