Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Petrol flap not latching/locking shut

sic346

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2 5.7L A4
Went to close my fuel flap to find that I will no longer latch shut. It appears the little latch on flap is not hooking onto the little flap release part. It's like something has come off the little release part bit as the actual flap itself appears to be fine and nothing broken. When I look closely as i try to shut the flap, it's like the release bit attached on the left side just don't hold the flap latch? So now I'm having to push and fiddle with the flap so it holds shut but coz its not latching shut it pops open and of course at night some dim witts are trying to bust open the petrol cap (I have a locking fuel cap with key) and steal the fuel or tamper with the fuel. Anyone else had this happen to them? How to fix? What's the little black bit on inside left of actual fuel opening that holds the flap locked shut called(fuel release bit???).

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Is the fuel flap lever in the car all the way down? Maybe something has fallen in the gap and is stopping it from returning fully, a coin maybe.

sic346

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2 5.7L A4
Is the fuel flap lever in the car all the way down? Maybe something has fallen in the gap and is stopping it from returning fully, a coin maybe.

Thanks mate, I checked it out and played with the lever and found that it was not returning fully as u said. The little black bit inside fuel flap was not quite popping back out to the full length. I may just need to pull it out at times but it closes now. On ya mate cheers !!!