Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Petrol Smell Inside Of Car - Vt v6

Bubbaj247

VTR247
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT ACCLAIM II
Hi There,
Just A Questions sometimes when im driving between half a tank and a quarter it smells like petrol inside the car??? its very strong, what is this, has anyone heard about this problem!

Thomo

UNLEASH THE LION WITHIN
Reaction score
Members Ride
FAMILY VT & HONDA 04 CRF250
I had the same thing posted on here there is others that have had the same no one knew what the problem is.I havnt smelt fuel for month now so dont know what it was.

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
i also get this problem, mainly on hot days, can anyone shed some light on this problem?

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
i had the same problem and it turned out 2 be my injectors were leaking..
2 needed to be replaced....

might be worth checking....

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
i really cant remember how much the injectors were, i had a few things done at once so i wouldnt be able 2 tell ya sorry

hsvpgts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II V6 Berlina
I would be looking for a "purple" coloured stain aroun the inlet manifold and fuel rail where the injectors go in and also at the end of the rail - more so passenger side where the delivery hose goes from rubber to rail as the V6's are common (once a few Km's on clock) to leak around here. If it is leaking a new rail would be required as you can't just replace the hose due to the way it's fitted for extremly high fuel pressures. Have replaced many for the same reason.

VIRGOMONKEY

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT ACCLAIM V6 WAGON. 2017 VF 2 REDLINE WAGON.
Hi hsvgts,

ive just experienced exactly that since nudging the fuel lines at firewall the return line coupling started to leak every now and then. My question is to anyone or yourself is exactly which bit do you grip to remove the coupling. Ive done the fuel filter heaps of times with a proper removal tool but is there a different tool for this fuel rail assembly. For anyones interest the car has just hit 214000 km and sounds about time when this bit start to fail.
cheers