Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Petty Dent!!! rough price estimate????

HYBRN8

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Holden Commodore VT-S-PAC series2.
same old story of trying to preserve your babys sparkling and straight body when you come back to your car and find a nice dent or heffty scratch, any ideas on how much a small dent like this would cost? id say it would most likely be exeeding the price of insurance exess, please guys your thoughts and wisdom?
cheers.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 162
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 170
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 142

Kunu

chasing the big 300!!!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
97VT SSsuper6(179rwkw),daily barina,2008 VE Clubby
wouldnt be much at all id say prob something on here with a how to for touch ups..worst case senario respray door been heron white i pressume same as mine i got bonnet fixed n sprayed 300 so maybe 50-100 if that?

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
I've seen people use touch up paint with a nail polish brush to apply it. Then, once its dried, use a icypole stick with 2000+ grit sand paper to sand it back smooth and level with the rest of the paint (only couple strokes, wipe + check + repeat). Once your happy, give it a hand polish with some decent cutting compound to get its gloss back.

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
Is it dented or just chipped? If just chipped, use the above method (touchup paint, flat back, polish). If its also dented you're up **** creek, it'll need to be bogged and sprayed because trying to push the dent out will likely crack the paint.

If it needs respraying also consider the option of just finding a whole second hand door in the same colour. White doors are plentiful and you should get a much closer colour match. Sounds stupid but white isn't exactly fool proof to colour match.

Mr_Calais

go the K's
Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK Calais and 03 VY storm ute 05 hilux
try the paintless dent removal guys and than they should be able to do a touch up for any scratch

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
If u love your car, do NOT try it yourself. that would run at about $100 - 200 by a pro.

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
I've had a look myself. As long as the paint isn't chipped will be $80-$120 each. That's having done a quick look around for prices myself.

But yea, i'd agree, if you're worried about a little dent, you clearly care about the car and how it looks so I would only get a professional to do it

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
i dont see a dent... just a chip
go to the spray painting/panel beating section
ask in there man
they know what their talking about.

HYBRN8

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Holden Commodore VT-S-PAC series2.
Thanking you all kindly for your input, going to get it checked out and quoted this week, ill let you guys know what happens. cheers