Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Phantom Black SSV Sedan

How long will i keep this one for?

• 1 Week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Month

• 2 Months

• Dont be Silly its already sold

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters

ASxTecH

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF LSA Maloo
I'm Back! Again!
If this is anyone's first time tuning into one of my build threads make sure you go back and check out my previous cars.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/phantom-black-ssv-wagon.253835/
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-wm/246331-voodoo-blue-e3-maloo.html
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-wm/243250-heron-white-series-2-wagon.html
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-wm/207619-voodoo-thunder-ute.html
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vy-vz-wk-wl-v2/253695-impulse-blue-vz-sv6-sedan.html

Where to start with this! Prepare yourself i warn you.
So I'm in the process of trying to buy my very own 4 walls and a roof ( a house ) as some of you know that have me on other types of social media. Since selling my Maloo and SSV wagon to throw some money back into the saving funds, Me being me brought not only one but three patrols. The latest being a GU TD42-T that I'm having a ball with! Since Summernats the urge for another nice V8 is back, Always helps when the minister of finance is on your side. As you can see the rest is history....

11BE03FE-85C0-476B-835F-3DCBE8AD1446_zpswnx8r7n4.jpg

Put it simple I cant have more cars at the moment and the girlfriend did enjoy the SSV wagon so we brought this for her. ( Bights my tounge )
I come across this sedan even tho we wanted another wagon, Honestly couldn't say no for the price we got it for. After some negotiating within a couple of days we set off on a 4 hour trip to our disaster. Arrived to things broken that hasn't been mentioned. but worked out a deal and ended up buying it as it wasn't the end of the earth. all is well....

Now the town we picked the car up from was far inland that the dirt was red, Kind of place where you could shout from one side to the other and not one manned servo around. We stopped at one of the two servo's around for a very long time, Decided to swap two tyres i had brought with me.
This is when i noticed not only wire from the back wheels but also on the front. I decided it would only be safe to put my rims i had on the front then the back two that were worse then the fronts. Easy right? Nope. own owner had swapped the tyres and had stripped the wheel nuts on almost every nut. only realised this after snapping 3 each side on the front removing the rims. Fitted up the replacement rims so i could move it to a safe location till morning. Jumped in and went to move it but the rim was rubbing on the front struts being 20x10...
Swap them to the back? beeeeeeep. the spline on the stud stripped so now i couldn't remove the 20x10" rims!

Lucky we had some luck with a truck driver stopping by trying to help, He had a number for a miner that plays with cars in his spare time. For $70 ( all i had on me ) he came out at 11:30pm on a Friday night and tried to remove the stripped studs but couldn't. Ended up maxing out the camber to at least get the wheel away from the strut and smash a VX stud in to at least get it home. Not only did we hit skippy on the way home we nearly ran out of fuel.12 Hours later we got home. The rest is a story for another time.

IMG_6391_zpss13ugcpw.jpg

IMG_6392_zpsokosfu6o.jpg

IMG_6394_zpsawj8o6eq.jpg

IMG_6393_zpsugsxou9x.jpg

IMG_6396_zps4xsahmyv.jpg

IMG_6397_zpsrjd2em0r.jpg

IMG_6391_zpss13ugcpw.jpg

Last edited:

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Had a good chuckle when I saw this pop up on facebook or instagram or wherever else it was you posted it. Good to see you back again.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Good to see you back man, however going off your FB hopefully this one isn't cursed like the last few! haha good luck.

ASxTecH

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF LSA Maloo
Sorry i wont lie. Had a bit going on lately and ended up selling the SSV. Quiet a bit happened with it ill post it when i get a second but just finished up my newest project car.. GU Nissan GU Patrol with a built LS1 cammed and turbo.

COOP_VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Series 2 SV6 Wagon Alto Grey
So what car you in now mate noticed your "Members Ride" says VF Wagon???