Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Phoenix Red VN Sedan - MUST GO! $1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Hi Guys, well my old VN's rego runs out in December and I will not be renewing it.

If it hasn't been purchased by the 20th of December, it's going to the wreckers and I would much rather it goes into the hands of someone who wants to either work on it or use the working bits themselves/resell them for a profit.

http://search.carsguide.news.com.au...featureAd=false&vehicleId=88990&vehicleType=3

Is the ad on Carsguide for photos and more information.

Mechanically, the car is SOUND. The problems are:

Front steering rack needs multiple parts replaced, but best cost-effective option is to replace with a reconditioned steering rack.

Rear suspension needs a little bit of work - my understanding is it's just some bushes on the trailing arms but I'm not 100% sure.

There is some rust that needs to be repaired above the driver's side taillight.

There is also some rust that needs looking at (but is not severe by any means yet) under the seal above the front and rear windscreens. Best to nip it in the bud.

The paint isn't that great, but what stock VN has great paint these days? The Phoenix Red especially never lasted very well.

Why am I asking $1000? Because it's got seats from VS Commodore which I would sell separately for $300 for the full set. If you want the car without the seats, I'll get rid of it for $700.

There is NO head unit, but there are speakers (I'll be taking the speakers out if I take the car to the wreckers as they are not stock.)

If you're interested, call:

0410 536 551 - preferably no later than 10pm

The car is located on the Central Coast of NSW.

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
Got pics? Do you reckon itll make it back to victoria as is?

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Hi mate,

The pics are on the Carsguide ad which there is a link to in the initial post.

You shouldn't have any trouble getting it to Victoria, it's probably only done 1500kms since its last service and it's not like anything's just going to fall apart - it just needs to be fixed to pass rego.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
I'm currently waiting for a response from a potential buyer.

Will let you guys know if it's still available when I know.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
man you gotta learn...

dont dig threads that are date relevant... this was happeneing in novermber 2006... its now MAY 2007, 6 months old sorta stuff... he was looking at a quick sale.... i sersiously doubt this is still relevant...

although, i may be wrong....

aZk.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Nope, my parents bought the car for my brother in December so he's able to drive when he's at Uni in Wagga Wagga, which is about 7 hours away from where we live ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.