Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Phone holders

adam sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
hey guys was looking at some phone holder/charger kits for the ol commodore, but most to me look cheap or just arnt practical... so i thought i would find out if other ve owners have good ideas or maybe want to share their own system.

My current phone kit sytem: For the time being, I have installed an ipod cable in my MY09 sv6 which charges my iphone and plays audio through the rear aux.. uses bluetooth for talking etc... its official home is under the head unit :/ .

whats your system?

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
I make sure my phone is charged and I just put it in the gap on the passenger side handbrake spot thingy or in my pocket :)
Im too lazy to find a phone holder and I dont spend over 45mins at one time in the car unless im on a road trip

ADR 40

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina..... VEII Equipe Sportswagon
A couple of courier mates put me on to this mob some years back. I've put these holders in a few of our cars, do the job well....a bit pricey but worth a look.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
Yeah definitely go with Hold My Phone and the ClicOn holders they have - they're easily the best!

I've had them in most of my cars. I just put the passthrough mount on the lower right console plate in my VEII and it's perfect! Ran the power cable under the plastic gear box trim and up into the console... If you want some pics, let me know.

VY Rossi

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY SS 5.7L M6
Rufys can you throw some pics up of how you did this?

racka

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SS-V
+1 for ClicOn. Pricey but great.

lease1

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
I use this holder. Slides into the CD holder (who needs CD's with the iPhone);

Car Mount 4 GOOGLE SAMSUNG NEXUS S CD Slot Holder Stand | eBay

And I have an integrated charger cable which interfaces with the factory plug at the side of the headunit and utilises the rear aux to utilise the car sound system. It also gets good GPS signal from the location for navigation.

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
Dash cluster surround is the best spot for my phone, if your doing fishys put it in your centre console.

Calais57

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0
I use this holder. Slides into the CD holder (who needs CD's with the iPhone);

Car Mount 4 GOOGLE SAMSUNG NEXUS S CD Slot Holder Stand | eBay

And I have an integrated charger cable which interfaces with the factory plug at the side of the headunit and utilises the rear aux to utilise the car sound system. It also gets good GPS signal from the location for navigation.

+1. This is excellent. Goes either in CD slot or can be pushed between joins in trim. For example, in the VE it can mount in the vertical dash trim join to the right of the stereo controls. Behind the wiper control stalk.