Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Phones???

bread

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I know this hasn't got a great deal to do with the best car in the world.:D
but i'm looking for a new phone witch has a good camera on it so i can take pics of my car
and surf. anyone got any recomendations/ anything to watch out for? (looking for around 5 mp +)
seeing as most people will have a phone on this forum.

Slippy_Trippy

Unicorn Shepard
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT II Commodore Acclaim
On the cheap the old SE Cybershot K800i is fantastic. 3.2 MP, Xenon flash and still poops opn many camera phones today. If you are set on 5 MP then the SE C902 is good also but has LED flash over xenon and is considerably slower.

I just bought the LG Renoir which has an 8 MP camera which is fairly decent. I can upload some sample if you want. The photo of my car in my pictures was taken with it but since it was overcast and the sun was setting it's not the best representation (also photoshop :) )

Remeber sensor size isn't always what to go for. A good 3 MP will take better photos than a bad 5 MP. Only difference is the 5 MP will give you a bigger, lower quality image. K800i is highly recommended from me :)

Cnet dot com have sample images, just google best camera phone and have a looksky.

bread

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
On the cheap the old SE Cybershot K800i is fantastic. 3.2 MP, Xenon flash and still poops opn many camera phones today. If you are set on 5 MP then the SE C902 is good also but has LED flash over xenon and is considerably slower.

I just bought the LG Renoir which has an 8 MP camera which is fairly decent. I can upload some sample if you want. The photo of my car in my pictures was taken with it but since it was overcast and the sun was setting it's not the best representation (also photoshop :) )

Remeber sensor size isn't always what to go for. A good 3 MP will take better photos than a bad 5 MP. Only difference is the 5 MP will give you a bigger, lower quality image. K800i is highly recommended from me :)

Cnet dot com have sample images, just google best camera phone and have a looksky.

oh cheers mate.
yeah sample would be nice, and i do like larger images for Adobe modifications.
i like to use photos and use shapes for logos,tats,t-shirts. so k800i is on the list? any others you might recommend?
thanks

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
I know this hasn't got a great deal to do with the best car in the world.:D

so why post it in the tuning/modification section of the forum of all places?

thread moved to the pub section.

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
I have an N82 with 5mp camera plus xenon flash. Fantastic shots night and day. Its similar to an N95/N96. Nokia's are decent phones, but maybe think about just buying a cheap digital camera. They are small and easy to carry in a pocket these days. You can get 8mp cameras for around the $100-$150 mark these days and they will take better photos than 99% of camera phones plus they are alot cheaper even if you are buying a second hand phone. I just purchased a 2nd hand N95 phone for my parents for $250 and thats not a bad price but still more than a higher resolution digital camera.

Hope that helps :)

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
best phone out there IMO that offers pretty much everything is the Nokia N95 (or newer N96). decent camera, large screen, decent browser, GPS etc etc.
I've got the Sony C905, and as much as i love it, it's a delicate phone. compared to some other top end phones, mine needs to be handled with more care. but again, awesome camera, alright screen, etc.

your best bet would be to sit down, work out exactly what you want in your phone, what your budget is and go somewhere like Allphones, who sell on behalf of all network carriers, and see what phone is best suited to you.
CC

Slippy_Trippy

Unicorn Shepard
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT II Commodore Acclaim
best phone out there IMO that offers pretty much everything is the Nokia N95 (or newer N96). decent camera, large screen, decent browser, GPS etc etc.
I've got the Sony C905, and as much as i love it, it's a delicate phone. compared to some other top end phones, mine needs to be handled with more care. but again, awesome camera, alright screen, etc.

your best bet would be to sit down, work out exactly what you want in your phone, what your budget is and go somewhere like Allphones, who sell on behalf of all network carriers, and see what phone is best suited to you.
CC

Really? I've had 3 Cybershots (K750i, K800i and C902). The k705i is the only one to break (I was on a playground and all 75kg (now 60kg so I go faster :) ) of me landed on the phone which was on a metal bar. Phone was still good though.

The K800i had many a drop and is still going strong and the C902 spent a couple of hours in 3cm of tea in a mug, still going :)

Will have those pictures soon, just hunting down USB cables.

-Slippy

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
why at least 5mp? You do know megapixels has nothing to do with quality right? That said, your not going to get any phone that is capable of a half decent image, the only thing they are good for is myspace whores with stupid cheesy poses ;) Just buy a half decent point and shoot.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Lol, my thoughts exactly ^^^ I bought a cheap basic $50 Nokia from Safeway that makes calls and sends sms, and i bought a half decent camera.

When i bought the phone the lady asked what functions i wanted it to have, i said "I want it to make calls and send sms's" and she looked stunned that someone my age wanted a phone FOR IT'S ACTUAL INTENDED PURPOSE.

To the OP, it would work out cheaper to buy a half decent digital camera for a few hundred to take photos of your car rather than buy a phone with a shitty camera (let's face it, most of them are) or get locked into a contract paying for a phone.

elemeNtz

It's my first day :3
Reaction score
Members Ride
responsibly
samsung F480 - just got one , 5mp camera, works well and is a nice phone. Don't know how well it would work for a tradie as it's a touch screen