Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Photo Quality Not As Good After a While

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Hey guys,

Does anyone know why the quality of photos seems to get worse after a while?

For example, the camera on my Samsung Galaxy S4 used to take awesome photos, they were very clear and you could see all the details, but now every photo I seem to take looks grainy and of very poor quality.

I have also had other cameras (which were cameras only, not phones), that seem to do the same thing.

I have a Canon EOS 600D DSLR Camera as well, which wasn't cheap to buy, and at the moment that is still taking good photos, I am just hoping that it doesn't go the same way.

I would like a camera that I can use for taking photos of things that I am selling, and I don't want to use the DSLR for that because it seems like a waste. I would rather keep the DSLR for taking photos of cars and stuff like that.

I have been using my phone for taking photos of things I am selling but the quality is just getting worse and people are asking for better photos but I can't seem to take good photos with it anymore. I have even checked the setting of the camera on my phone and they still are set to best quality.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Ben

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Maybe the lenses are scratched or dirty. Fungus can grow inside lenses too if kept in humidity.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Maybe the lenses are scratched or dirty. Fungus can grow inside lenses too if kept in humidity.

Just had a look at the lens on my phone camera and that one seems perfectly fine, no scratches on it, and looks like it's clean inside the lens

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Ok so I think I have figured out what the problem is. It could be the lighting in the house when I was taking the photos. Because I have taken a couple of photos today and they turned out really good, but then later on I took another and it was all grainy again. And that actually makes sense.