Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Photography

chrism182

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0 ltr M6
Hey people.

I'm looking into getting into photography, preferably photographing cars (Commodores mostly)

What's a good quality camera which I could use to start off? I don't wanna spend over $400 on the camera until I get a bit more skill in the area.

Does anyone have any recommendations for cameras that fit under my price range?

Cheers,
Chris.

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
If you are going to be taking it seriously, I would purchase a camera with the future in mind. I have a Canon 1000D which is a good entry level camera, cost be $950 with two lenses. I realise its over your $400, but will probably save you money in the long run, for the likes of lenses etc, saves buying one camera then swapping down the line.

chrism182

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0 ltr M6
If you are going to be taking it seriously, I would purchase a camera with the future in mind. I have a Canon 1000D which is a good entry level camera, cost be $950 with two lenses. I realise its over your $400, but will probably save you money in the long run, for the likes of lenses etc, saves buying one camera then swapping down the line.

True but I'm not sure if I'll get into it in the future a lot, so I wanna stick to my $400 price limit. Thanks for the suggestion anyway. :thumbsup:

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
Have a look at a second hand DSLR, you may be able to pick up a Canon 400D or even 30D for around that money.

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
Have a look at a second hand DSLR, you may be able to pick up a Canon 400D or even 30D for around that money.

Good suggestion. You can definitely find yourself a 350D with an 18-55 kit lens for that sort of money second hand. Not only is the camera not too shabby, the lens is fantastic optically, if a little less great build-wise. It will serve you well, unless you drop it :p

Be warned though, getting into DSLR photography is like a crack addiction. You're going to be spending a lot more than you originally wanted to on it ;)

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
if you dont' wanna get a dslr most decent point and click cameras are pretty good these days but yeah for ultimate images (for now) you'll need a dslr

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

Good luck with that, 400d's are still selling for 900+ with kit lens.

vsutespack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Maual 5 Speed Ute
Dude get yourselfa point and shoot with manual settings I have a couple of camera including a dslr. My point and shoot is a canon power sot sx110is. its just under $400 and is excellent. It is my dslr back up camera.Photo editing software like adobe photo shop makes good pick into fantastic pics.
I only have couple of my ute on here take a look