Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Photos Police Unmarked Magna... Beware... Photos

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by holden#1, Sep 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Personaly, I agree with the Law saying they can use any sorta vehicle they want to.......and disguise their lights etc.....the more out there the better...ANYTHING to keep the road toll down.......

2. Jesk

Jesk registered lunatic

Members Ride:
    96 ef2 fairmont
    Yeah the road toll really does need to be lowered but an invisible pressence doesn't really do it, but an a obvious pressence would make people sit up and think

3. The1985divo

The1985divo Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF Calais V
    They cant do that ;), they need to be able to have proof you were speeding....they have to be able to show you and have a record of how fast you were going.

4. czerwonyVN

czerwonyVN New Member

Members Ride:
    VN 3.8 A4
    i shake my head at all this talk... the real problem is the licensing system. it doesnt really matter how easy it is to get your L's, i got 94% and i never read that stupid book, and from what i hear it is terrible. but it amazes me how some people managed to pass their driving test and obtain a probationary license. this includes a couple of my friends... i tell you what, these compulsary car safety & control courses sound great, when are they going to be implemented?

5. Ute God

Ute God Guest

pfft the log book means jack all...when I got my P's three years ago I had only logged 10hrs of driving....of course I had done more then that but I only bothered to write down 10hrs worth. So the night before I just wrote down a heap of made up dates and forged my mums signature. They looked at the book flicked through it then we went off for the test. Passed 1st go

6. Shivaga

Shivaga New Member

Members Ride:
    '05 VZ Lumina 3.6V6
    ok...i'm a chronic speeder! wherever i go, i'm usually 10-20 over the limit. unmarked cars dont bother me, i just see it as "if they catch me, its my bad luck, but i've got away with it for so long, why change my habbits" now i know that this isnt the ideal moto to be saying, but its the honest truth. i hardly ever see cops, especially when i'm doing stupid stuff. So in agreement with a few people here, i'd say that we need more marked cars, but it would be a visible indication for me to see how many are on the road to stop my bad habbits!

7. "and i never read that stupid book,"...great....... you should go and hand your licence back matey.....

8. czerwonyVN

czerwonyVN New Member

Members Ride:
    VN 3.8 A4
    not reading a book does not mean i dont know the road rules.

9. So you are , what...17 perhaps??? and you know all the rules????Okay.......

10. spacattack

spacattack THE ENFORCER!!!

Members Ride:
    Custom VN
    dude you couldnt know all the rules in the book christ sake iv been driving for nearly 12yrs now my dad was an army instructor and sargent of transport he taught me everything he knows and to this day im still pickin up on a few rules we missed and for these idiots that have passed there test buy just flukeing it do us all a favour go and read the book from cover to cover as its these idiot that cause accidents, injuries, and sometimes death to them there passangers or other motorests god it was just yesterday i was on the highway over takin a truck just got infront of him and this little **** in a honda civic under takes me while i merged into the other lane he was goin hammer and nails doin about 150ks in a 100 zone all this is due from idiopts that cant read and abide buy the road rules so befor you say you know every rule in the book and you think you know em thats bulls**t do us a favour go read it now

1 person likes this.
  11. Shounak

Shounak The Kicking Horse

Members Ride:
    VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
    They should make the driving test much harder. I got 99% on mine, which is ridiculous.. I had a fair bit of experience and I could handle myself on the road, but I don't think I'm amongst the top drivers on the road..

I could hardly judge distances and could not parallel park at all. And I got 99%..

They should making the practical heaps harder..

12. spacattack

spacattack THE ENFORCER!!!

Members Ride:
    Custom VN
    yeh well i had experience with my dad and all and i had experience in speedway for a couple of months and yet i got 100% on my test to get my P's even though i picked out about 5 blunders that i did ( that i wouldnt normaly do ) and she didnt even pic up on it lol but rights i should of failed now if she let me pass on 100% magine what other ppl have gotten away with that to this day they still think is right!!!

13. czerwonyVN

czerwonyVN New Member

Members Ride:
    VN 3.8 A4
    this was my point.

and in reply to rat and spac, i know all the basic rules, and much more importantly, i have commonsense.

14. Well I hope that saves you in a bad situation mate.......

15. Julie

Julie moderator- for now anyway

Members Ride:
    Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
    8 pages of crap later...... what have we ascertained? Idiots are still issued with licences, people speed sometimes they are caught, often they can't admit they have done wrong and blame everyone but themselves and look for ways out of it. The licencing issue is still going on with 17 year olds telling us in all their infinite wisdom and experience what should be done but yet they don't have the sense to read a copy of the road rules........

Jeez I think I have found the solution, how about we get stupidity scanners installed at every rta so we can weed out the dropkicks before they even get in the door. While we are at it can we get one for here too?........ placed just before the submit details button on our join up page would be nice :)

16. czerwonyVN

czerwonyVN New Member

Members Ride:
    VN 3.8 A4
    im sorry, ill wait 20 years and come back and say the same thing shall i?

disregard anything i say because i am 17 rendering all my thoughts and opinions invalid.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2005
  17. vh-holden

vh-holden New Member

Members Ride:
    VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
    hit the nail on the head :p

18. czerwonyVN

czerwonyVN New Member

Members Ride:
    VN 3.8 A4
    i will make the point that i did not try to hide or lie about my real age, and with this being the internet and all that is not a terribly difficult thing to get away with.

19. vh-holden

vh-holden New Member

Members Ride:
    VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
    i'm a 48 year old male with 3 kids. i know what i'm talking about.

20. Butso

Butso Member

Members Ride:
    VP
    lol where is the love guys ?

its f the po po . there's nothing you can do about it . abide by the law and we wouldn't have this discussion .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.