Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Photoshop Tutorial I - Lowering and Changing Wheels

HoldrodeoLT

I have no lemon pledge...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Rodeo RA LT, 2008 Polaris Hawkeye 300
Ok question on wheels... How do you guys change the angle of a wheel when the original picture your looking straight at it? I think it's got somethign to do with free transform.. But i havent got it to work out for me yet, its just ends up looking like a squashed version of the original straight angle?

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Ok question on wheels... How do you guys change the angle of a wheel when the original picture your looking straight at it? I think it's got somethign to do with free transform.. But i havent got it to work out for me yet, its just ends up looking like a squashed version of the original straight angle?

EDIT>TRANSFORM and use the perspective and warp tools

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
How do you guys change the angle of a wheel when the original picture your looking straight at it?

The short answer is you can't. I find the easiest way of explaining things is to look at it in extremes. If I took a photo of the back of a car, how could I rotate that photo to view the side of the car? I couldn't. Because the information isn't there. Just like trying to change the angle of a wheel - the information isn't there so the best you can do is squash it. That's why I pointed out in my tutorial that you should try and find photos of the wheels on the exact same angle as the photo of your car. And you should also chop out the front and rear wheels individually, because they will be on different angles. The more you have to 'squash' a wheel to get it to fit properly, the worse it is going to look.

HoldrodeoLT

I have no lemon pledge...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Rodeo RA LT, 2008 Polaris Hawkeye 300
The short answer is you can't. I find the easiest way of explaining things is to look at it in extremes. If I took a photo of the back of a car, how could I rotate that photo to view the side of the car? I couldn't. Because the information isn't there. Just like trying to change the angle of a wheel - the information isn't there so the best you can do is squash it. That's why I pointed out in my tutorial that you should try and find photos of the wheels on the exact same angle as the photo of your car. And you should also chop out the front and rear wheels individually, because they will be on different angles. The more you have to 'squash' a wheel to get it to fit properly, the worse it is going to look.

ah ok then, and do you just use google images for finding diffrent angles of wheels/car body's? or somthign else? Photobuket?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Best Tutorial ever! :clap:

Can you do one on how to change the color of a car (but keep the right shading etc)?

Reaper

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
ah ok then, and do you just use google images for finding diffrent angles of wheels/car body's? or somthign else? Photobuket?

Yeah I just go google images, or browse the rides section. Generally I only like Holden wheels, so if I knew I wanted VE Clubsport wheels then I'd just search google images for VE Clubsport to find some good reference photos.

Can you do one on how to change the color of a car (but keep the right shading etc)?

Will get on to it :). There are a few different methods, depends on the colour of the car really. The easy ones are the cars that don't blend in with the background (red, green etc). Silver and black and colours that are similar to the background are a bit harder :p

holdendude

ŞuρξЯŞ†★Ř
Reaction score
Members Ride
*AL4SHO* VR Commodore
Hopfully this will take some of the load of us photochoppers! Right rch & levy? good write up man! +1:beer chug:

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Hopfully this will take some of the load of us photochoppers! Right rch & levy? good write up man! +1:beer chug:

haha and me ? , but sadly i dont have time to be a photochopper as much as i used to