Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

picked up an abused vc sle 308

chanoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
81 vc in dynasty gold, 80 vc sle 336 pack
Hi fellas,
Yesterday i finally brought myself a vc sle as you can see from the pics it had been abused esp. inside. Its a 336 pack and it seems to have most stuff there. I have had a good going over of it looks like the two biggest issues are a real good tidy up of the interior and the wiring, some dodgy stuff has been done. i will be tackling it over the next few months and will add to this thread with progress and pics.
Any comments, suggestions or criticism is most welcome and will be eagerly accepted. I will have lots of Questions no doubt, so hope you all enjoy the pics and thanks

Chanoo DSC_1089.1.jpgDSC_1091.1.jpgDSC_1092.1.jpgDSC_1093.1.jpgDSC_1094.1.jpgDSC_1095.1.jpgDSC_1096.1.jpgDSC_1097.1.jpgDSC_1098.1.jpg

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Welcome. That car is a bit on the rare side, factory 5 litre shadow tone VC SL/E. Hopefully you can find the right bits for it.

lowroozer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SLE
Hi fellas,
Yesterday i finally brought myself a vc sle as you can see from the pics it had been abused esp. inside. Its a 336 pack and it seems to have most stuff there. I have had a good going over of it looks like the two biggest issues are a real good tidy up of the interior and the wiring, some dodgy stuff has been done. i will be tackling it over the next few months and will add to this thread with progress and pics.
Any comments, suggestions or criticism is most welcome and will be eagerly accepted. I will have lots of Questions no doubt, so hope you all enjoy the pics and thanks

ChanooView attachment 163906View attachment 163907View attachment 163908View attachment 163909View attachment 163910View attachment 163911View attachment 163912View attachment 163913View attachment 163914

Good pick up there. Obviously the interior needs some attention which I'm sure is already on the cards. Externally I would lose the bonnet scoop and the rear spoiler and then replace the wheels with some nice original SLE wheels. I'm currently cleaning my VB SLE's underbody and engine bay in preparation to reinstall my motor and any tips I can offer I gladly will. It's amazing how much you get to know your car when you work on it yourself. Good luck with the tidy up/rebuild.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
God i love that red interior.

Just has a great feel to it

RACE5L

Solid cammed
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 355
Congrats. It definately looks restorable ;)

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
yeah, good pickup - a lot of potential to be seen, shame it hasn't been treated the best :(

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
Interior doesnt look to bad... nice score thou..

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355

I had a missus that wore that colour lipstick...it had a great feel to it too!!

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I second removing the body kit and putting better wheels on. SLE doorcards can be hard to find secondhand, or they can be remade (a set of 4 is $800-1000). Steering column surround is rare in any colour (if you want an unbroken one). I'd put on the std air cleaner. If you are taking the engine out would look great re-painted in blue. Giving it a respray? Hows the rust side of things?

chanoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
81 vc in dynasty gold, 80 vc sle 336 pack
Welcome. That car is a bit on the rare side, factory 5 litre shadow tone VC SL/E. Hopefully you can find the right bits for it.
Cool, is it rare cause the color/ engine mix?

Good pick up there. Obviously the interior needs some attention which I'm sure is already on the cards. Externally I would lose the bonnet scoop and the rear spoiler and then replace the wheels with some nice original SLE wheels. I'm currently cleaning my VB SLE's underbody and engine bay in preparation to reinstall my motor and any tips I can offer I gladly will. It's amazing how much you get to know your car when you work on it yourself. Good luck with the tidy up/rebuild.
Thanks lowroozer no doubt I will be asking for help, there are some spaces for knobs and buttons on the inside that I got no idea what they do.

Yes been hunting for one for a while, you get great satisfaction when you are able to "save" a car from the scrapper.
The fella I bought it off told me if I hadn't bought it when I did he was going to part it out and scrape the rest. I'm glad I got to it first

Congrats. It definately looks restorable ;)
Yep that's the plan

yeah, good pickup - a lot of potential to be seen, shame it hasn't been treated the best :(
their loss my gain

Interior doesnt look to bad... nice score thou..
Very happy with it

I had a missus that wore that colour lipstick...it had a great feel to it too!!
LOL bet it felt good

I second removing the body kit and putting better wheels on. SLE doorcards can be hard to find secondhand, or they can be remade (a set of 4 is $800-1000). Steering column surround is rare in any colour (if you want an unbroken one). I'd put on the std air cleaner. If you are taking the engine out would look great re-painted in blue. Giving it a respray? Hows the rust side of things?
I have the steering surround, but the ####ers painted the bottom half of the dash black, gonna be a prick to clean that.
The only rust in it is the floor where the spare wheel goes, pretty common.
I have a spare set of red door cards in the boot but they are out of a stato and don't quite fit, spewing.
Ill just get it regoed and roadworthy first. I'm a firm beleiver in driving the old girls and not letting them sit in the garage.
Then fix on the paintwork.
Cheers for all the well dones
Will keep you all updated with the resto.
Thanks