Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

picking up my series 2 sv6 wagon tomorrow. any advice

pt75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 sv6 Spotrswagon
hi guys. im picking up the new car tomorrow. :) Just wandering is there any advice as what to look out for? minor scratches etc, etc, as its my first new car. ive been told not to hand over payment unless im happy with everything. thanks.

wake jake

Reaction score
Members Ride
SIDI SV6 Ute
When I picked my Ute up I checked for scratches, full tank of petrol(if ordered), all the main controls work like stereo etc, all the accessories that you ordered are on it. Don't be afraid to take your time on looking over your $30k+ car saves a trip back to the dealer

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
Yep do the full paintwork check in the sun if possible "if its out these days", all main controls, even pop the hood have a listen and check your fluids aswell..

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
Look for scratches everywhere mate, open the boot and doors to look at The sills for scratches, I made the mistake of not looking under the front magnetic part of my tonneau cover and it had scratches covered up

EDIT... Enjoy it aswell.

pt75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 sv6 Spotrswagon
thanks guys for advice. ill make sure ill go over it thoroughly. and yes i will enjoy it. cheers.

DynoVE

DVSVE
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
if its not too late. take somebody with you 'not a family member'..

you will be excited etc and most likely could miss any defect in the paint and what not. as the other person may not

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
mechanical issues can be fixed under warranty.... scratches or marks on the paintwork or interior bits are your responsibility the second you drive away.

look VERY carefully, try to pick up car when its not raining and car is dry- very hard to see marks when body is wet.
the salesman doesnt want to spend all day doing the signoff, but dont feel rushed- check car properly.
once the sale is completed and signed off, your best friend the sales man wont want to know you. thats the nature of the beast, you should remember that when taking a little longer to check things properly.

as already suggested, take an extra pair of eyes with you... a friend or work collegue even.

any issues found, just come back another day. i know that's hard when you really want the day, but just think how it will feel if you bring it home and while sitting in the driveway you notice something wrong.
dont leave dealer with car until you are 100% satisifed.... and dont be rushed or pressured into anything!
if salesman is busy, ask him to either come back when you've checked everything or get someone else to stand there next to you. TAKE YOUR TIME.

blasto

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE "Sport"wagon
Your most important "first new car" lesson is go back to the dealer a week later and compare their "helpful attitude" to when just before you signed the contract.

If like most customers, you're buying a car that has been sitting on a lot for months, there is a clause in the contract that teflons the dealer for that. In fact most things that are inconvenient to the dealer and the dealer's duty of disclosure is generally waived by you on your contract for sale. YMMV as dealers all have their own scheister-made contracts.

Ristof

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VU S Ute
Just wondering what you think of your ride
I am looking at getting one but a bit unsure on whether to go a series 1 or series 2 and whether it is worth the extra $$$$$$$$$