Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

{PICS} front speakers in vb-vh doors

TY318

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL 202
hey guys im looking for people who have put speakers in the front doors of there vb - vh i know the vb have the front speakers in the kick panels so whos got pics

chooky1980

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
vh sl/e,vk berlina
make/buy some pods or get some vr/vs pods but make sure its what you wanna do coz once you cut holes thats the end of your door trim!

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
here is what will happen when you install speakers in doors:
100_3175.jpg

i wash my hands of that job, was done by the previous owner. but its one of those "i realllllllly cbf fixing that" jobs.

you will be amazed at how many times you kick that speaker by accident. then every time you slam the door it loosens/breaks the speaker a bit more. over time the screws will come undone, the mesh will go missing then you will kick the speaker cone, then one day itll just fall off onto the ground when you open the door. itll probably be raining so it will fall into a puddle of water. also if your window felt leaks a little bit (which every holden does) then you will need to seal the back of the speaker cone to stop water getting in. also you will need to drill a hole in the door and the A pillar to run a wire to it.

put them in the kick panel.

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
This is a photo of my vb with VS pods. It gives a bit of extra storage. It is a bit fidly to do.

Attachments

• redoor.jpg
    redoor.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 1,432

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
is it pretty straight forward to do? i have some 4" speakers in the front kick panels but you cant hear them to great so i might go with the vr/s door pods and stick some 6" in them. plus the door pockets would be handy for putting stuff in

hybridkore

Reaction score
Members Ride
current: Nissan Sivia S13 Q-Series
If you can't hear the speakers in the kick panels, can't you just buy bigger speakers or more high quality ones for a better sound?

TY318

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL 202
thanks guys mite see what doors my dad got in storage at his factory

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
heres mine ,i custom made some mdf pods and covered them in marine carpet