Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pics of ssssl rear/sssl front?

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
dont worry what everyone is saying bro.. I have SSSLs on my VS - Same part number as Ultra Lows for the VT.. with 20s.. its not that low really.. But as stated above, watch the offset of the rim, as you may need wheel spacers in the back as I have - in NZ thou..

CJY92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
If you have a really steep driveway and want to tow sssl is going to make the car useless would hate to see it with ssssl!
Best bet is coilovers so you can change it to your needs.

dredrum

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Berlina Sedan
Thanks mate, that's what I wanted to know. Does anyone have an approximate measurement that ssl and sssl actually drop the car?

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
Thanks mate, that's what I wanted to know. Does anyone have an approximate measurement that ssl and sssl actually drop the car?

khfl-150ssl aprox 380mm for v6 and 370 for v8
khfl-150sssl aprox 370mm for v6 and 360 for v8
khrl-152ssl aprox 365mm
khrl-152sssl aprox 350mm
measured from hob to guard.

zapper-l67

LS# Eat One Today...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
Depends on where you want it level, at the sills or the gaurds. The VE sits arse-high from factory, it's just the way the body is designed but the bottom of the door sills are level. If you go lower in the rear it might sit level at the guards but it will look as if it's slightly driving up hill.

This probably isn't the best pic to use but it gives you an idea.

ve_ss_v_00720small.jpg

How to make a **** box out of a good car.

And here we have the fully Sic Boganised version of the same car. With the SSSSSSL rear coil SSL front coils with the Fully Sic Fat Chicks on board..
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy250/l67-zapper/BoganCruzer.jpg
Zapp. :rofl2:

brgsv6

Bing!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 M6
dont worry what everyone is saying bro.. I have SSSLs on my VS - Same part number as Ultra Lows for the VT.. with 20s.. its not that low really.. But as stated above, watch the offset of the rim, as you may need wheel spacers in the back as I have - in NZ thou..

...wow. Last time I checked vs commodores were a slightly different car to the ve. Weight and spring rates not to mention front and rear bar dimensions.

Air bags I think aren't nessesary for a jet ski unless it's a big trailer with a lot of gear in it. And 4sl springs are the lowest you can get, so I think it's fair to say that will be too low and not what you're looking for. I see cjy92's car every day and you wouldn't bother towing anything with it!

zapper-l67

LS# Eat One Today...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
BoganCruzer.jpg