Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pics Of the UK Commodore

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by OmegaMV6, Dec 27, 2004.

1. OmegaMV6

OmegaMV6 Guest

I think it is a statesman?? but this all gets confusing!

2. Bec

Bec Member

Members Ride:
    VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
    That it does. Damn thing wouldn't let me edit last post. I was going to say it looks half statesman half vs exec....but I spose it just looks like a British car in the end :whistling

Last edited: Dec 28, 2004
  3. OmegaMV6

OmegaMV6 Guest

Ok as you may have gathered im into modding my omega, but i think it would look smart as a holden replica (of the commodore ), how much would it cost to get a kit posted over to england?? And what else does it look like i would have to change as well?? Thinking the lights and grill for a start??

Or maby just changing the front bumper and the rear spoiler??

Just wondering if you lot have scrap yards or anywhere you can get your hands on a commodore kit...from around the 1996 era that will fit my white omega at the start of this thread??

4. Gobbles

Gobbles New Member

Members Ride:
    VS Acclaim Series II
    If you were to get it shipped over there it would most likey get damaged in transit thats the main thing i would be afraid of. Ring up Holden in somewhere say Darwin i dont know where ever is closest to England and just ask them if its possible to have the front bar of whatever your after shipped over there. Most likely you will need to change the front quarter panels and the front bar, and the bonnet as well so it probably wouldnt be worthwhile when all the costs are considered (Shipping, Cost of all parts required etc)
    The VN Commodore was based off the Opel whatever it was called so our Commodore is a derivitive of that car in the picture up there. And the VQ statesmen and even closer image of that Vauxhall.

5. OmegaMV6

OmegaMV6 Guest

Yeah your right, never thought about the wings...ah well i will just continue to mod it the UK way...Cheers for the help

(all and all it would prolly be cheaper to import a commodore :w00t: )

What bumper in the last pics do you think i should go for?? Im thinnking about the second one?? They are both just add on kits to the existing bumpers!

6. MuNtEd

MuNtEd New Member

In A Box Somewhere Up The End Of Your Street
    Members Ride:
    94 VR EXEC

7. DJ Majah

DJ Majah Electro doof doof styleƩ

Members Ride:
    VSII cruiser
    lol a Ford Telstra...man, that would be the most overpriced, slow, fuel guzzling piece of **** on the road!

8. MuNtEd

MuNtEd New Member

In A Box Somewhere Up The End Of Your Street
    Members Ride:
    94 VR EXEC
    you not kidding my mate has one
    now he's trying to sell it so he can get a commodore

9. Bec

Bec Member

Members Ride:
    VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
    Don't forget it would breakdown all the time and take days to fix the tiniest problem

10. DJ Majah

DJ Majah Electro doof doof styleƩ

Members Ride:
    VSII cruiser
    Oh god, OmegaMV6 is from Ipswich too.

Is Ipswich the national home of chavs? The aussie equivalent is a bogan and our Ipswich is.

11. 94hsv

94hsv Guest

i thought the back looks like a astra on steroids??? dont like the line that gos around the bootlid from rear guard how diffrent is it inside??

12. Sherman

Sherman Guest

Not bad the Omega with the first bodykit picture. I wonder how much different it is mechanically to our Commodores. The Omega does look like a cross between our VP and Vt Commodore though. Do they have a top of the range Omega over thier like our Calais and Statesmans? Or is it just engine specifics only?

13. Gobbles

Gobbles New Member

Members Ride:
    VS Acclaim Series II
    Actually come to think of it Pictures of the interior would be interesting
    of both the Vauxhall and the Omega one.

14. OmegaMV6

OmegaMV6 Guest

LOL there is enough of them round here in their pulsars and novas!

15. OmegaMV6

OmegaMV6 Guest

Erm this is hard to explain,
    Each spec has a different Abreviation,

L & LS are basic specs, cloth interior, plastic crap for a dash etc, only front elec windows, manual wing mirrors
    GL & GLS are a bit better, with extras like front and rear elec windows, elec wing mirrors, different choises of cloth interior
    CD & CDX Have the full electrics package, and leather interior, alloys, better sterio etc Air con
    Elite has everything, more of a choise of metalic paint as standard etc
    Then MV6 which is a sports package, generally poor spec (for waight reduction) with lower hardened suspension and bigger alloys as standard..

Then engine sizes, 2.0L 16v comes in GL, GLS
    2.5 V6 comes in CD & CDX & Elite
    3.0l 24V V6 comes in Elite & MV6

Its a bit hard... and all specs can have different Extras which is more cash on top! And prices go up accordingly

16. MELBOURNE DISASTER

MELBOURNE DISASTER New Member

Members Ride:
    vy s2 equipe
    the uk/opel carlton/omegas were used as the base for every commodore since vn the major differences being they are shorter and not as wide as the aussie cars they have never done a v8 and the four cylinders were a joke ,the posh version the senator was not a longer wheelbase car like the statesman it just had a lot of extra gear and a cheesy grill on the front the v6,s were always fangable and the lotus carlton was the most mental thing this side of a gts its was doing 180mph in the late 80,s

17. mixin

mixin Ol' fart, young heart!

Keep going back earlier....

The 1977 Opel Commodore was used as trhe Basis of our VB.
    It was basically unchanged externally & trim wise (big changes to steerring & suspension though).
    The senator of the same year had the extra window that Holden put into the VK in 1984!!!!!

Usually the first of a new generation is very similar in styling to the "world car" and then as the model progresses each division makes their own changes.

Our VB/VC is almost identical to the '77-83 Opels & Vauxhalls.
    They got an upgrade with a similar looking front to the VK, but that model got a new BMW style dash (angled towards driver) we didn't.
    As that model family progressed, they varied further apart - the UK had no equivalent to our VL - they basically skipped that model & went to the new one - blame a bad 80s for Holden & not enough money in the kitty - the VL was the best they could do on a limited budget without releasing a new model.

When our VN was relesed, they already had the same shape over there since '87. The rear lights were very similar - a little taller. The rear window profile was the same, even one of them used the same style wheels as the VN SS.
    The grille dipped into the bumper - copied by the VQ series....
    Different divisions & luxury levels had different window & nose/tail treatments. As that model progressed however, the Aussie ones varied dramatically in style - particularly the VR/VS.

Our VT was also "copied" from the German design - and as it progressed thru to VY it changed dramatically compared to other countries.

Externally, the Germans & the Brits basically only see minor cosmetic upgrades/changes throughout a model series where we get a "huge" cosmetic upgrade by comparison (ie complete new nose/tail) partway through - and minor ones between that.

18. pipdog

pipdog Guest

what i dont understand is how the three companies are all owned by GM but have sooo many differences between the countries. I reckon Commodores look sooooo much better than their uk equivelent. And weve got monaros and hsv and stuff. Vauxhall is considered a pretty basic brand in the uk whereas Holden has a fair bit respect out here.

19. TAILS83

TAILS83 New Member

Members Ride:
    VZ SS
    when i was in malaysia i seen a vr with a statesman front and an exec arse end and had opel badging all over it, the only one i seen there for the 5 months i've spent there.

20. Torana

Torana Young Einstein

Members Ride:
    KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
    I think that guy thought you were in Brisbane 'cause you're fromj a place called Ipswich in ENGLAND. In AUSTRALIA, we have a place called Ipswich near Brisbane. Just a minor mistake.

Another question, I thought the Omega got killed off. I was on the Vauxhall website earlier this year (exactly the same as Vauxhall) and I couldn't find the Omega anywhere. ?????