Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pics Of VN/VP's with 18" and 19" Wheels

CURSD

Reaction score
Members Ride
CURSD VP
Yeah, sorta, I suppose.
19s look great on vn/vps if you get the ride height right.

Attachments

• fullysick.JPG
    fullysick.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 382

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
ummm how doesnt your rims hit your guard?? cos theres always sideways diff movement.....and that guard is sooo close to the rim

CURSD

Reaction score
Members Ride
CURSD VP
It looks like it will, but trust me, it doesn't. lol.
Can fit a finger between rolled gaurd lip and wheel rim.
Theres not that much sideways movement of the diff, 'cause theres not really a heap of suspension travel compared to a stock height VP :p

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
yeah but then u would run into probs with ur wheels hittin the struts...not 100% sure but ino that there aint much room between the strut anyway so i recon it would definatley hit if the rear axel were shorter....

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Just go 18's....Cheap nankangs 19-245-35 go for 250ea and bout 200-210 for 18's....Im puttin 17's on mine just coz thats what tyre me dad can get for cheap thats still got sum size to the rim...Its good havin family who works in beaurepaires....

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Mack said:
If you put a VL Turbo Diff in it shortens the overall length of the rear axel and brings the rims in off the guard, correct?

You try finding a VL Turbo diff :p

It can be ANY VL diff as they are all the same length obviously, but only the V8 and VL Turbo diffs are 28 spline and 4 pinion like the VN diffs.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
calais_cruzin said:
yeah but then u would run into probs with ur wheels hittin the struts...not 100% sure but ino that there aint much room between the strut anyway so i recon it would definatley hit if the rear axel were shorter....

Well they used them on the VN Group A and the SV5000... But it does depend how wide you go. That was for 8 inch wheels, alot of 20's are 9 inch wide and could cause that problem?

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
id just go a 18 by 8 u dont wanna be spendin 500-600 just on rears just coz u went a bit silly rippin skids....i think the max for tyres u should pay is bout 170-200 for a good tread....anything ova that price and it costin too much to rip a lil skid when u want to....the ride difference between 18 and 19 is un noticeable with a good workin shocks....i would go the 18's just coz they are cheaper than 19's not much but ova 4 tyres thats a good 150-200 extra depending....ino that extra inch makes a difference in looks but is that extra worth it...u just gotta make a decision is it worth the extra $$$ for extra inch.....