Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pics/stories Of Peoples Projects Gone Wrong!!!!!!!

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
I tried to replace the mast in the automatic arial on my VS berlina.

So I unbolted the bracket, bad mistake there the nut behind the fire wall disapeered, I can no longer use that mount point.

an hour alter of swear and muttering and I smashed the arial on the concrete and went and spent $100 at holden for a new one.

As of yet I havn't fitted it in.

Im gonna make ur problem a little better (or worse lol), recently put an electric arial in my vr and did the same thing, ok in the inside of your car in the passenger foot well theres a plastic cover with ur ecu behind it remove and pull down the carpet gently, have a feel around behind the carpet (on the ground) you should find the bolt that was dropped and if you look just behind the silver ecu casing on the wall there should be a hole where the arial attaches to. if you cant find it remove the front guard and itl be a little easier to find :D

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
ok now for my story,

One of my mates bought an Xj6 jag, he decided to convert it to a manual, and add a bigger brake package anyways did the conversion and took it for a test drive around the block, hammered it punching thru the gears and the gearbox got stuck in neutral at about 78km/h, so he thought ok il pull over here, put his foot on the brakes and the pedal went to the floor, he forgot to reconnect the brake lines so he reefed up the hand brake and ov course broke the cable long story short some poor person ended up with an XJ6 feature wall in their lounge room :D

shumway

Son of satan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 6/71 blown and injected 355 V6
ya i payed up front to get my car resprayed this is what i ended up with after 3 months and $3500

[

Last edited:

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
I am in the middle of restoring an EH with a red six.
Anyways I dropped the front end out and had the engine supported by some chains attached to a nice thick wood bar supported by the engine bay.

This all looked good (I never would go underneath it though) until one day I walked out to work on it and the chains had snapped and the engine had dropped to the ground.

The only reason the sump ect did not explode is because a crawler just happened to be sitting underneath and took the fall.

Bugger :bang:

50LTRv8