Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pilko"s CSV

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Closed grill....??

pilko13

Reaction score
Members Ride
csv strada 5000i
have just tried to get a redbook price and the car and they dont have a listing till the vt.
same with insurance
even shannons starts at the 1997 vt strada si 5000
any advice.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Reckon that would have set you back about $12k

pilko13

Reaction score
Members Ride
csv strada 5000i
was just wondering what rpm at idle should be ?
and being an auto shouldnt it rise when in neutral compared to drive
mine sits at 500 rpm when in drive or park once warm

HSV.006

Apprentice Mechanic
Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman. CSV strada 5000i.
hey just stumbled across this thread,i have the same car in black, and as for insurance no1 knew what it was either so its insured as a vt strada. i actually own a motor magazine from 95 with the csv 5800i which is the same car as this excepy it has crazy modifications like a 5.8L motor, bigger brakes 6 sp box, the list goes on but im not sure if they ever complied with ADR. shoot me a PM mate if you wanna have a chat

R

Real Revs

CSV use to make the best cars when I was growing up, Peter Dichiera used to have the work shop in Mildura when I lived there. He branched out to Melbourne and ran in to some troubles, I think the last cars he worked on were VY's before he got closed down for not paying taxes or trying to rip off the tax office some how.

I always wanted a VY Mondo (Monaro), 6.5L 400kw.

Id love to see them back in business. You could think of it as HSV starting out with a Executive and giving it a full going over, CSV would start with the HSV and go nuts on it. Every car he built become Australias fastest production car.

Any CSV VR-VY is probably the best Commodore of the range you can get your hands on.
A mates dad had one of his cars took it back as it was under warranty didn’t want to know him blamed owner then some parts distributor, stopped answering his phone then the gates where shut. Guy that had the car is dead now but said he heard he left with a heap of unpaid debts and tax office after him think he ended up in Echuca.