Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pilot Vehicle

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Ahhh ok, Ill let them do it themselves or pay someone haha, never knew you had to do a course, actually i wonder if they know haha.
Car is decked out to do it, though wouldnt have a stop go sign.
Only doing it when moving the big tractors, and have been asked when moving dozer/excavators but generally they can do that themselves anyway.

If you're asked to do it quite a bit, then the course is worth the hassle. It's a common sense course really and there are courses running all the time. If you want more info contact vic roads and they will steer you in the right direction.:thumbsup:
Just remember, you also need to complete the stop/ go management course as well to get your pilot vehicle licence.

love the general

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute daily hj gts project
i shift houses for a living with my parents so we deal with them all the time the going rate in qld is about $110 an hour. You may not need to do te stop go course it just means you won't be allowed to direct traffic om foot

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
i shift houses for a living with my parents so we deal with them all the time the going rate in qld is about $110 an hour. You may not need to do te stop go course it just means you won't be allowed to direct traffic om foot

Might be different in qld prehaps but in vic you do need the stop/go ticket. Given that you sometimes have to get out of the vehicle at roundabouts to stop traffic you can see why it would be compulsory.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
If you're asked to do it quite a bit, then the course is worth the hassle. It's a common sense course really and there are courses running all the time. If you want more info contact vic roads and they will steer you in the right direction.:thumbsup:
Just remember, you also need to complete the stop/ go management course as well to get your pilot vehicle licence.

Cheers for that. Im only asked as a last resort lol its a family business (inlaws). Ill ask then about it, if they want me to go and do it Ill do it at, otherwise they can find someone else to replace me :p I like driving but at 20-40km/h not so much lol.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers for that. Im only asked as a last resort lol its a family business (inlaws). Ill ask then about it, if they want me to go and do it Ill do it at, otherwise they can find someone else to replace me :p I like driving but at 20-40km/h not so much lol.

lol, fair enough, it can be a boring job.
I'm usually driving the low loader so i haven't had to pilot that much of late but it is handy to have.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
I like driving but at 20-40km/h not so much lol.
thats what I do everyday in peak hour, at least this one you get paid for doing that speed and get different scenery to look at opposed to the motorway concrete walls :thumbsup: