Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

pin stripe

S

sulley

just wondering if there is anything that you get the pin stripe of with mine really hard to get of, comes of in little peices its really annoying any ideas:b:

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
get out there one day with a hairdryer, heat the pinstripes up in little sections (something like 1/4 of a door) and peel it off, before the stripe breaks, heat up the next section and keep peeling.
It worked for me :)

:thumbsup:

cunners3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VSII Wagon
Go buy a caramel wheel from a paint shop, thats the easiest way it just rolls off...

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Fingernails are good for that too!! :p And the hair dryer as mentioned before. De-striped a VH in under half an hour. 2 rows of lovely (yeah right) brown pin stripes....

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
cunners3 said:
Go buy a caramel wheel from a paint shop, thats the easiest way it just rolls off...
I second the motion for a caramel wheel they do the trick nicely, if the car is painted in acrylic dont get it too hot you might damage the paint, use a slow setting on a drill, also wrap some electrical tape around the chuck of the drill it will lessen any damage if you accidently hit the chuck on the body.