Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

pinstriping tail lights.

nathg

Reaction score
Members Ride
MX83
Hey everyone, I am wanting to soon tint my tail lights and pinstripe them. Is there a how to on this (tried searching, nothing relevant except for just tinting, which I already know). If you have done the pinstripes, how did you do it? Like did you make a cut out and just put it over the light and spray?
I know there are a few members who have done it, just unsure whether they are active or not anymore.
Thanks, Nathan. :)

nathg

Reaction score
Members Ride
MX83
So no one knows any way of doing this, like what would be better to use for the pinstriping (mask off with tape and paint, thin chrome stickers etc)??

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
check out my ride mate, prob page 2. i tinted the lights, clear coated them and used a roll of thin chrome tape from autobahn and it turned out really well. tossing up whether to put them back on
also chrome paint is crap, doesn't come out as chrome and wont dry.

beefcream

Lethal LOKKA
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 5speed (project) VN exec v6 (daily)
i tinted my vn taillights with nightshades, then used some pinstriping tape you can buy front sprints or some car stores. u can get different colours and sizees and it stickes prety damn welll

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I have both, paint and tape.

All i did was mask up the bits i didn't want chrome, and painted over the lot. Preperaition is everything ;)

101_2916.jpg

102_0004.jpg

Couldn't do the same with the wagon lights, because they taper abit, so the lines wouldn't have been straight. Just had a guy i know cut some stickers to the exact size and spacings of sedan lights.

DSCF0370.jpg

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
stealthy, what chrome paint did you use? is it true chrome or is a dodgy silver like the rest? i cant find a decent one anywhere, and none of them ever completely dry

nathg

Reaction score
Members Ride
MX83
OK thanks everyone, will give the tape ago. Will probably be alot easier aswell, just have to keep my patience lol

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
stealthy, what chrome paint did you use? is it true chrome or is a dodgy silver like the rest? i cant find a decent one anywhere, and none of them ever completely dry

Its obviously not as chrome as a sticker, but its definitely alot more chrome than silver paint!
Dried fine for me. It was actually the last can before the colour was discontinued. I only bought it cause i was sick of looking at it gathering dust at work lol