Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pioneer AVH-P3350BT Double-DIN DVD player

B1n0ry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
Review: Pioneer AVH-P3350BT Double-DIN DVD player
Product link: 2-DIN Bluetooth AV Player with 5.8-inch Screen, SD card input, iPod Control, Front USB and Aux-in - AVH-P3350BT :: Pioneer Australia
RRP: $899

Features: HEAPS! but the main ones:
DVD playback
MP3
DivX Playback
Radio Data System - RDS
Bluetooth®
SD/SDHC Card Playback
iPod and iPhone Direct Connection
3 RCA Pre-outs
Dual Zone Entertainment

Things I like:
Even though this thing was a bit of a trial to fit in my VY Commodore, the results were well worth it. Sound quality is clearly improved over the stock HU, even to the stock paper-cone speakers.
The setup as it was installed in my car was front & rear speakers all powered off the HU, and a 12" sub in the boot being fed 260WRMS. The HU has plenty of options for customising the sound e.g. adjustments for hi-pass freq to the main speakers and low-pass for the sub, plus custom equaliser settings.
Even though the specs for the LCD screen look a bit odd (quite a low vertical resolution) video shows up very clearly and menu buttons look detailed enough and the UI is easy to learn.
I got a SWI-PS as well, so I can use the steering wheel controls, and it works brilliantly. No delay at all.
The Bluetooth module works perfectly with my Nokia, and links as soon as I start up the car. Even my own ring tone comes through the car speakers when someone calls. :surprise:
Also supports a reversing camera, so I bought one from Jaycar and installed it. Works great.
All in all, a brilliant piece of gear.

Things I dislike:
Only 2 annoying things I have found with it:
1/ It only reads the first 255 MP3s in each folder (on whatever media you are using). Dump too many MP3s into a single folder and you won't hear them all.
2/ The SD card reading is pretty slow. Switching to MP3s on an SD card can have you waiting up to 30 seconds while it reads and indexes the contents.

Star rating out of five: 4 and five eighths.

Attachments

• IMG_0038.JPG
    IMG_0038.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 6,726
  • IMG_0039.JPG
    IMG_0039.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 9,862

grantlyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Calais 5.7
Looks great, im fitting one of these units tonight to a VY myself, im curious what issues did you encounter while fitting the unit in the car?

grantlyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Calais 5.7
I would, and did. Now both my girlfriends berlina and my Calais have one in it.
I brought the AVH-P3300BT which is the American version from eBay for roughly $400 delivered. Only difference is the DVDs here won't play on it and am radio is slightly off but I never use either of those features.

nobullneeded

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 SVZ
Awesome, Im looking at one, Went and tried it out in JB Hifi, But seems getting it on the net saves roughly $300,
Ive got a VZ, So hoping the PAC SWI-PS Will work the same for me, Have sent them and email, along with Aerpro, As aerpro do a nice harness to suit the steering wheel controls.

May be worth looking for the US Version if there priced that low though

grantlyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Calais 5.7
The swi-ps will work fine with it, again can order it online for around $80 from the USA. Just male sure it's the actual PAC swi-ps as some other sellers list the item as swi-ps but it's different.

nobullneeded

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 SVZ

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Check out Ryda.com as they have these units for $684.85. I've bought from Ryda before and they are well worth it. Quick to deliver and great service. All backed by manufacturer's warranty.

I am getting one of these in the coming week/s.

Cheers,

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Had this unit fitted yesterday. Very happy with it indeed! The sound is so crystal clear through the stock speakers. The interface is extremely easy to navigate and the touch screen is fantastic! Custom illumination and the system looks like it was installed from the factory. Love the DVD player also. Will keep my daughter entertained at club meets etc.....