Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pioneer bluetooth DEH-P7850BT info

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Yes, it has handsfree via a bluetooth connection. So when you get into your car your phone automatically connects to the head unit, then if our phone rings it mutes the sound and sends your ringtone through the speakers then you can answer by pressing a button on the CD player... Then you hear them through the speakers.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Just a quick question regarding bluetooth in general. I havent used it much but am fully aware of its functionality. Im just wondering, does anyone notice that it takes away from your battery pretty bad? I make probably 5 phone calls a day on my 6230i, usually recarge it every second night and it just reaches half capacity when I do. I have noticed when I turn bluetooth on though, not that I have had it on much, but it kills the battery within the day.

I have just invested in a garman gps, which uses bluetooth and transmits it through an fm transmitter to my radio. Im just wondering if I should invest in an in-car charger if I plan to use the bluetooth option.

keza87

JCCC NSW Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX/VY/VZ Wagon LS1
Flogg, I have tried everything possible and it is set up correctly, just it doesn't connect automatically untill the phone starts ringing. Some times it doesn't even connect! I deal with it any way, I have a feeling it might actually be the phone.

Kopper69, I am supprised at how little your battery life is! I have a Sony Ericsson K750I and it will last me around 5 days on a full charge and bluetooth constantly on! Has the battery life always been so bad on you phone?

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
I have always had the nokia's, I have never had one that can match nokia's advertised "standby time". Nokia's website says my phone should do between 150-300 hours standby, 3-5 hours talk time. If I did just leave the phone in standby and timed how long it would last, I wouldnt expect more than 72 hours out of it. I might only make between 1/2 hour to an hours calls per day, so its not as if Im a heavy user. It could NEVER last 12 days.

With my last phone, cant remember the model, but it was one of the first colour phones put out by nokia, I did try replacing the battery with an aftermarket one off ebay with a higer capacity (few hundred more mAh). It helped a little, but still could never make the hours that nokia claimed.

I havent had a chance to play with the bluetooth on my gps yet, but I did notice that the icon on my phone (normally there is an icon showing when bluetooth is on) disappeared. I went into the menu, tried to turn it off/back on, it wouldnt, just kept saying it was on. Because it wasnt on properly, gps didnt see it. Fix was to turn the phone on/off.

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
wikid! headin to adelaide this friday, so i'm hopin to look at one of these. anyone know where in the mall to find the best deal on one of these?

[JUDGE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Black Vz R8 HSV Clubsport 297kw Gen IV M6
wikid! headin to adelaide this friday, so i'm hopin to look at one of these. anyone know where in the mall to find the best deal on one of these?

JB hi-fi is the best in my opinion , they always drop it lower for me, and strathfield and then followed by motoquipe, these guys can be expensive sometimes tho.

flogg

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY
keza87 dunno what the story is mate. all i can recommend is reading the manual and making sure your phone is registered with the deck in the menu-function section when in the telephone area. you should then be able to choose to connect automatically. then when you get into the car with your phones bluetooth turned on, and the stereo turned on, it will automatically connect.
otherwise it must be your phone i guess.
good luck
let us know how you go

i have also had the feeling that my phone goes flatter a little quicker with the bluetooth turned on but it still lasts 3 or 4 days so its of no concern to me. it could actually be each time i get in and out of the car with the bluetooth connecting and disconnecting that drains it?? who knows

[JUDGE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Black Vz R8 HSV Clubsport 297kw Gen IV M6
being bluetooth and all i was under the impression u could bluetooth songs to the head unit is this true?

flogg

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY
[VP2NV]
being bluetooth and all i was under the impression u could bluetooth songs to the head unit is this true?

just looking in the manual and it says you can use a bluetooth audio player to play songs through the HU. It needs to be either A2DP or AVRCP profile though. dunno anything about it though. as far as i can tell, it wont pick up songs that are saved on my phone?