Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pioneer Deh-1450 Recommended Speakers

S

sic_chick

hey guyz!
Michele the new member here (aka sic_chick). Just brought myself a new pioneer head unit model is deh-1450, ive got my vr and it has the stock standard speakers in there. for the moment im just going to hook the head unit up to those, obviously the sound isnt the greatest but, i gotta save up some dosh before i start upgrading totally! just would like some recommendations on speakers, subs amps, etc that would be suited to pioneer systems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

fanx

Michele

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
the best thing to do would be check out http://www.pioneeraus.com.au/car_entertain...ment/index.html for a full product range. They also have a full price guide too, which i think is handy if you are on a budget. I would go for:
front speakers: TS-C1625 16cm Splits ($399)
rear speakers: TS-A6970E 6x9's ($229)
amp for speakers: GM-X374 4 channel ($449)
sub: 1201CBOX 12" sub in a box (599)
amp for sub: GM-X972 2 channel ($599)
thats a total of $2275
It all depends on how much you are willing to spend and what sort of music you like. I would go for a good sub and amp package... only cos i love bass!
There is heaps of brands so its all personal choice. I much prefer sony only because i have never had any problems with any of my sony products.

Hope this helps

R

Robbie

Hey Michele,

I have a nice set of 6" 3 way pioneer in my fron with 6X9's 4 way in the back... both worth about $160 a pair.... there not too expensive... were great gear when I got them about 3 yrs ago... and I could still gte them mid way through this yr.. i don't have model numbers but i will get some... They really did an awesome job and if you then go and throw a sub and amp on top of that you will have a nice system for a little less... i had them in a pulsar and i didn't need a sub on top of their performance.. no amp either.. but you know what they say.."bigger is always better"

Hope this helps...

Robbie

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
i decided on my car stero to buy the following

pioneer deck: DEH-P2550 for $250

Fusion 6X9" fes-602 from encounter series for $199

Fusion 12" sub from the encounter series for $250

Fusion Amp 200 rms and bridged from the powerplantr $399

and soon to be

Fusion 6" 2 ways 160 watt from the encounter series for $169

comes to $1069 and it sounds heap sweet

have fun

scott

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
In my VS I have a Kenwood 2020, which i had installed over a year ago and sound quality from the factory speakers were pretty good, but not great. At Christmas I got the following...

Sony 6" 200w component speakers $149 (from Strahfield, normally $229)

Sony 6" x 9" 300w speakers $149 (from strathfield, normally $199)

all running off the head unit, however I'm looking to get an amp eventually to power the 6" x 9" and wondering what to get. I want to get a sub too to power off the amp. Any suggestions?

The sound is so much better now with new speakers but i know will sound better when I get the amp. But I'm still pretty happy with what i got at the moment.

Andy

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
you could always go pioneer like nearly everyone else or be completely different like me and go with fusion!!!!!!!

happy deciding

scott