Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pioneer DVD and Vehicle Dynamics

ducatis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
Hey im thinking of getting these for my bday on sunday....

Pioneer AVH-P6850DVD - the double DIN dvd player
Pioneer AVG-VDP1 - vehicle dynamics processor
Pioneer AVH-P5750DVD - the single DIN dvd player

Im sure that the last 2 products are like built for each other (if thats the correct term) because it says something like that on there website. I also think you can use the first 2 products together with no dramas im just wandering what advantages the different dvd players have over each other?

anyone got these? i would like them but all up its going to cost $3000 and ive heard the VDP isnt very accurate...ive also heard something about a GPS in this unit?? Any help appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Mitch

Kall911

Run Baby Run,I'm Home!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series II Maloo R8
Hi Ducati,
Do your parents want to adopt me!!!Only kidding...Why not go with the eurovox double din dvd player?Still a good reliable brand and for $2,250including installation,i think it's pretty good deal for what you get..You get radio,dvd/mp3 player,tv,gps unit and reverse camera...I purchased one from innovision in dandenong(just the dvd/mp3/tv player,will get gps later)You can see these working at there office..I have installed one myself in my vt(save myself some bucks there)...Anyway system runs well,cosmetically there is a small gap(not perfect fit but still looks like it's a part of the car)and tv reception is pretty good.
I looked at getting the pioneer or the jvc h/u myself,but i weighed up the value for my bucks.
Anyway my 2 cents worth,Good Luck!:thumbsup:

Ps.Oh,i see your in lennox head,make that $1900 without installation roughly then add on postage.
Also check out this link http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&item=180038922632&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Last edited:

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
how much do you enjoy fiddling with electronics? May not be your avenue, but have you considered a Carputer instead? (car computer just in case you didn't know) :p For the price of that unit you could do quite alot. Think all your music in one place playing through a harddrive, touchscreen still, wireless network card to 'borrow' internet connections as you drive, dvds all on a hard drive/tv tuner for television, expandability for gps etc... Anyways, could be too much research and hassle for what your after, but give it a thought.

ducatis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
filddling with elecys? mate if it doesnt work you either hit it or pull it out lol. Nah i used to build a few putas back when i was doing IT. Thanks for the replys anyways guys. BTW its my 18TH on Sunday!!!! thats why the pressies are goodens ;)

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
happy birthday dude, if only i got that much for my 18th

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I think I got from my mother a glass jar that still had 2 for 1 $2 price sticker on the bottom of it...I have no clue where she put the other one...probably kept it know ing my mother.

Can ya feel the love?! LOL

ducatis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
lol thats gold hehehe. well actually... put a deposit on my vu today pick her up monday. thats my pressie lol...the only thing is i have to pay for it :(

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
lol thats gold hehehe. well actually... put a deposit on my vu today pick her up monday. thats my pressie lol...the only thing is i have to pay for it :(

But seriously! It's the truth! ROFL