Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pioneer Head Units with SDHC Slot

Byte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN COmmodore
Which pioneer units have the SDHC card slot in their Head Units in the price range - sub $550?

I have looked at the DEH-P6050UB and very disappointed this unit does not have the SD card slot.

I have checked out the DEH-4150SD and yes it does have the SD slot but it appears the SQ specs are not as good as the DEH-6050UB.

Thoughts and offers of assistance?

I thought SD shoudl be standard by now...I luv the SD technology...

Is SD technology not as big a hit with Head units?

Byte

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
Well most h/u come with some sought of aux in, whether it just be 3.5m jack or usb. More people will have mp3 players that can either be connected via 3.5m or usb, not many mp3 players use SD. Maybe they will change their mind with SD when they bring out a 120gb SDHC card. You shuld try to use a usb>card reader.

Byte

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN COmmodore
Thanks Smit,

do u guys now use the dvd/audio combo units instead of these dedicated audio units?

DOes anyone else here use SD for their music on car audio?

Byte

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Most of them come with a USB in port , which would be way better then a SD card , just think you could plug in a small portable HDD .

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
You can buy tiny self-powered usb sd card readers, would work just fine. I own a 6050UB as well, it's a good little unit, plus if you hold down 'CLOCK' the OEL display turns off and won't blind you when you're out on the highway at night!

The unit comes with a USB connector, a USB>iPod connector, and a rear 3.5mm aux input.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Most of them come with a USB in port , which would be way better then a SD card , just think you could plug in a small portable HDD .
Depends on the drive... The head unit can only supply a maximum of 500mA and even then you're risking killing the USB section of the head unit. I've come across quite a few with blown ground tracks from what would be caused by too much current draw. It also kills the USB controller.

kattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Turbo
SDHC Card Reader to USB Cause Too Much Draw?

Depends on the drive... The head unit can only supply a maximum of 500mA and even then you're risking killing the USB section of the head unit. I've come across quite a few with blown ground tracks from what would be caused by too much current draw. It also kills the USB controller.

Does this mean that damage may occur when a SDHC card reader is run through the USB? Or is the risk limited to larger devices, such as HDD's?