Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pioneer Power Aerial Solution

=SKB=

Reaction score
A couple of people have raised the issue of the Pioneer H/U's leaving the power aerials constantly up. If you don't like this (like me) you can fit a switch similar to what I have done.

installswitch1ui4.jpg

Just wire it inline to your remote switch and power aerial line. I mounted mine in the storage pocket below the H/U facia (VZ).

I also ran my usb cable through there as well.

The switch will need its terminals bent to 90' angles to fit your connection terminals in the space available.

rawsonn

wants to know more
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina
or if your lucky like me you have a button stock from the factory for your power antenna and just leave it down anyways as the radio sucks

CNsylvester

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS long bed ute
Hi

I have a VS commodore with a manual aerial. Is there an easy fix to install a power aerial - electrically? (the mounting of the aerial won't be a problem, just how difficult is the electrics so it goes up when the radio is on and down when off?) I have a standard VS series 3 system installed at this time.

Thanks!!

Ken

trentvy

Dodges raindrops
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S pack
A couple of people have raised the issue of the Pioneer H/U's leaving the power aerials constantly up. If you don't like this (like me) you can fit a switch similar to what I have done.

installswitch1ui4.jpg

Just wire it inline to your remote switch and power aerial line. I mounted mine in the storage pocket below the H/U facia (VZ).

I also ran my usb cable through there as well.

The switch will need its terminals bent to 90' angles to fit your connection terminals in the space available.

thanks for the help and good idea mate:thumbsup: this is the go with my car and a mates car. great idea. just one drama, if you had an amp wired to your remote wire aswell, wouldnt this act as a switch to your amp aswell?? which you obviously dont want

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Hi

I have a VS commodore with a manual aerial. Is there an easy fix to install a power aerial - electrically? (the mounting of the aerial won't be a problem, just how difficult is the electrics so it goes up when the radio is on and down when off?) I have a standard VS series 3 system installed at this time.

Thanks!!

Ken

Yeah mate, all you need to do is hook one wire (usually red on aftermarket aerials) to constant 12v, the hook the other (usually green) to a wire that turns on with the ignition (i.e. accessories wire on the stock head-unit). Obviously black goes to earth. See below for a wiring diagram.

As far as the switch goes when youve got amp/s installed......you just need
to hook the swtich up between the aerial wire and the remote, heres a quick wiring diagram.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 8,844
  • untitled 2.JPG
    untitled 2.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 1,360

seraphic06

Woodgrain Nut
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina Wagon, VS Caprice Series II 5.0
Using this thread as inspiration, I just installed a switch in my VS Wagon where the boot release button would go if it was a sedan. It worked a treat. Good stuff :thumbsup:

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Good to hear peoples ;)

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
THe vs loom has a yellow with a red trace wire that is the power antenna wire. Connect your auto antenna trigger wire to this wire