Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pioneer Subs

D

dale

Hey guys, I can pick this http://www.pioneeraus.com.au/car_entertain...304f/index.html up brand new for $130 when it recommends at $220.. I'm starting to build my car stereo now, for the price I'm paying for it would it be worth buying? Any downsides to it? In all honesty, I know little about subwoofer quality but have heard good things about Pioneer. Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.

R

Robbie

Hi Dale,

I think that's a good buy.... but you may be able to get better... I like Pionerr so I would buy it it I was looking for a sub... You're best to combine it with a Pioneeer amp and head unit... keeping your brands the same can help you a little.but it is ultimately up to what you want...

I hope this helps,

Robbie

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Just quickly they aint the most powerful sub in the Pioneer arsnal and are a 'free air' sub. Also dont take notice of the RRP they are never that much. This is a much better sub http://www.pioneeraus.com.au/car_entertain...305c/index.html
A friend is running it and it sounds mad, i was thinking bout gettin 2.
You can alose get them already sealed in a box if you ring and order or a store that stocks Pioneer can do it for you.

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
the sub you are looking at is the older model if my memory doesn't surve me wrong 500 watts or 250 rms, they will do the job just don't expect to feel much bass outside the car

cheers

scott

p.s robbie wat car audio you got in your car i know it's pioneer stuff??

R

Robbie

umm.. I'll have to check all the boxes tonight...

It was in my last car.. I haven't moved the stuff into my VT cause I'm lazy and I couldn't get the head unit out in time to sell the car.

I have 3 way 6's for my front and I thinnk 4 way 6X9's for the back... In my Pulsar they ran as well as any sub would from in the car... i wasn't too fussed on base from outside the car.

when I buy a head unit I will buy an amp atleast... I have a friend who is importing DVD players and screens... not reputable brands but sheap enough to give them a go so I might stray away from the pioneer deck this time...

Robbir