Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pistons urgent help please

njames

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Since you will have the engine out it would be a good idea to remove the sump and reseal it with the good RTV. Probably also be a good idea to replace the rear main seal plate. It will save a lot of hassle later, if it can be done without the engine in place. @EYY knows the name of the good sealant to use on the sump.
Yeah was planning on it mate, What’s the name of the good sealant to use?

njames

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Also took heads to be checked for warpage, vaccume sealing, and cracks and it came up all good just needed a tiny bit shaved off

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
What’s the name of the good sealant to use?

I can't remember the name of it. @EYY knows. There would be a few blokes on here, who should know the name of the gear.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I can't remember the name of it. @EYY knows. There would be a few blokes on here, who should know the name of the gear.
Yeah whoops still don't get notifications for tags.

Threebond super sealer is THE ****. Otherwise failing that permatex ultra blue is the other go-to.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Find a while l67 or full rebuild with oversize pistons.the charger looks like there's next to no coating left on the rotors at all its in bad shape