Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pitching exhaust ideas (custom ideas)

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
Hey guys,

Got hurricane extractors and 2.5" catback system on my V6 and I want it louder and more beefy without being illegal and knocking out the cat.

I have heard about cannons but also seen how s*** they can make the cars look and personally have never heard one before on a commodore, I was trying to think of possible things to do to the exhaust to make it sound louder and different whilst keeping it legal. Can anyone tell me if these ideas would work at all and opinions on it's sound and maybe if NAAF or other exhaust guys could give his/her opinion on the thoughts.

Also, with cannons it's my understanding that the holes and space in them create more sound?...please correct me if im wrong.

Custom Exhaust Ideas

NOTE: These are all based on customising a 2.5" catback with extractors and standard cat.

1. Use the cannon idea but get small 3.5" cannons and attach them to the back and weld them to make it look like a basic twin tip. Hopefully make it sound louder without looking like cannons?

2. Leave standard tip put instead of a rear muffler, weld in a cannon just after the middle muffler? That way it looks like a basic muffler but should produce more sound?

3. Leave the tip but cut the pipe behind it and stop the pipe just after the cabin of the car (leave centre muffler) and put in a 45 degree dump pipe (seen this on a ute and sounds great, v6). Louder and looks standard unless they look under your car

4. Replace centre muffler with a massive cannon and no resi. Assuming it would look like a normal muffler, but with the holes and stuff should make it sound loud?

5. Fitting a dual piping after the centre muffler and placing a hotdog in each and then letting it finish with a one pipe outlet at the end?

no other thoughts at the moment, just haven't heard anyone talking about custom exhaust ideas is all, just he basic stuff and was curious if people could let me know thoughts on mine or even give their 2 cents on some custom piping angles or something that can make your v6 or v8 sound different then all the other ones out there?

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Without being legal I'm not too sure... A little hotdog in the middle couldn't hurt though

vpcalais6

F#%ING [P] PLATER
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
V6 manual vp Calais
putting a cannon on a commodore is just asking for some one to bash you DONT DO IT and they also sound ****

Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
Remove the rear resonator if your system has one.... And do hiflow cats.

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
Just fu*k the whole thing off from the cat back and hang a tip from the rear guard. That will set off car alarms and look legal.