Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

pitting a car

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
just wondering what they actually look for. im in the process of getting a licenced but defected car. an old old by the way. im guessing i have to make sure the suspension is passable, that it doesnt blow smoke or leak oils, the exhaust is goodish, no cracked windows and tread also good working electrics. will they also be looking at rust ? being an old holden thats a tad rotted will they actually care if i chucked in sum bog and flashed over with sum paint. any ideas would be good feedback. cheers in advance

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
just wondering what they actually look for. im in the process of getting a licenced but defected car. an old old by the way. im guessing i have to make sure the suspension is passable, that it doesnt blow smoke or leak oils, the exhaust is goodish, no cracked windows and tread also good working electrics. will they also be looking at rust ? being an old holden thats a tad rotted will they actually care if i chucked in sum bog and flashed over with sum paint. any ideas would be good feedback. cheers in advance

Without knowing which state you live in, it;s difficult to comment. The various state departments all have different registration standards.

NSW is definitely going to check for body condition and bog won't do the job if rust is structural. Don't forget that the guys who check these cars know where to look and when dealing with early Holdens, rust is the first thing to look for.

I put an old unregistered car over the pits a few years back and the check was extremely thorough. Engine and chassis numbers are checked to ensure legitimacy. All electrical and hydraulic systems are checked, seat belt condition, seat mountings, rust, engine condition, oil leaks, brake pipes, exhaust condition - the lot. If the car isn't as good as it can be, it fails.

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
im mr money bags i can do that i like

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
when i first read the title i thought it was gonna be about the police manouvre