Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Planning a road trip

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
Hey Guys im thinking of planning a road trip through the Nullarbor Plains i was just wondering on a road trip what do ppl plan for. how do you work out how much fuel you will use or how long you will be away how do you plan all this based on kms. what other things need to be planned out thanks.

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
just wing it mate, she'll be sweet

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
More then 1 spare tyers
jerrys of fuel.
Extra water for yourself and your radiator.
A Map
If u can dont turn off your engine until you've made it across or atleast into a town which looks to have a mechanic.
Get heaps of sleep before you make the trip...
oh and if u got cruise control it will be your best friend. 95-105 is a good speed but its your choice..

Nanos

Not a Mod
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII LS1 Berlina Wagon
and dont forget a few spares.

things such as belts and hoses. Also i would give the car a full once over before you leave if your not to sure about things take it to your mechanic and let him know what your planning and get him to give the car a good look over.

you would hate to break a belt and be stuck wich could have been avoided if you check over the car.

Also on a long drive i tend to not set plans too much. noting worese than feeling like you have to make a dead line. I would jsut research places that are good to stop at and if you feel your tired stop if not drive on.

Other wise there is always the **** it just wing it option. which can be more fun

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
buy an '84... sheepdog. trade van for moped which will get you 70 miles to the gallon. and sell your dead bird to the blind kid.

yeah your gunna be just fine :thumbsup:

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
make sure you have plenty of music. cant remember where exactly, but i think once you go past ceduna there is no more radio stations, this may have changed but i doubt it.

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
thanks for the replys fellas deffinetly going to get the mechanic to check stuff over first and also bring plenty of music :)