Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Planning A System On A Budget

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I know the threads old but it might help someone else. Your budget has to be almost nil before you can't get a sub. 2nd hand they're really cheap!

The majority of your sound should come from infront of you. At a concert you face the stage.

The reason you can put a sub behind you is that the lower the frequency the less able you are to detect where it's coming from. Same reason why you can mount your mids low but need to mount tweets high.

$500 system
100 - headunit
100 - 4 channel amp
150 - pair of components (most important) (don't need rears)
100 - boxed sub (10 or 12")
50 - wiring (8 gauge is fine)

$1000 system
250 - headunit (4v outputs, at least front and rear)
200 - 4 channel amp (aiming for 75+wrms x4)
150 - boxed sub
75 - 4 gauge wiring kit
300 - front components
25 -rears if you want them

Installing yourself is easy. Just post up for tips if you get stuck

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
Yeah, I might get some advice from Sweefu sometime (I know he's really busy atm) and we'll get a new list done up, along with suggested models etc.

Antonvlahos

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VXII SS 5.7Lt
I managed to get a really good Sub/Amp combo $100 for both from Repco now just need to get an enclosure and a power cable cuz i have the other cables already in my car

1994vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Executive
i always buy for clarity personally. get a really nice headunit such as an alpine or a higher end clarion. i have a clarion then two quite expensive high end pioneer coaxials in the front and rear. i have the rears amplified by a 40 watt vintage kenwood amp that is made in japan. it sounds really nice. thats just my input. clarity satifies me more than SPL.