Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Plastic floor under 6x9 speaker area

BobbiBoiTV

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman 3.6L
Hey folks, I'm trying to upgrade the very rear speaker of my car its a WH statesman but has the same as VT/VX, but when I removed the old speakers I see that there is some sort of plastic floor stopping me from installing 6x9 speakers and it is really bothering me. Anyone knows what I'm talking about or knows how to remove it, help would be much appreciated. If photos are required I will go out and take some.
Cheers.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Hey folks, I'm trying to upgrade the very rear speaker of my car its a WH statesman but has the same as VT/VX, but when I removed the old speakers I see that there is some sort of plastic floor stopping me from installing 6x9 speakers and it is really bothering me. Anyone knows what I'm talking about or knows how to remove it, help would be much appreciated. If photos are required I will go out and take some.
Cheers.
I can only think it is some sort of cover or dust stop to stop both dust and damage to the speaker from items in the boot.
Removal should be from the boot then up to you if you make a bigger cover or take the risk..

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It is. It’s. Ya go mate and start removing all the boot trim.

VYCommodore76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commy
it's a sheet metal cover, i seem to remember they was spot welded in 3 or 4 places. not hard to get out with some manipulation