Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Plastic Seat Housing - Snapped!

mattsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SENATOR
Hi,

The plastic seat housing on the RHS of my drivers seat has cracked and is now sitting loose on the floor. This happened after a large family member of mine put too much weight on the side of the seat when exiting the car. A pic is attached below.

Has anyone found a way to fix theirs other than going to Holden???

I have tried to araldite the original clip at the front back to the seat plastic however this broke off again soon after.

Kunu

chasing the big 300!!!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
97VT SSsuper6(179rwkw),daily barina,2008 VE Clubby
yeh go to the wrckers m8, i had same prob just other day with my VT cost me $48 for new one!!

ataylor2703

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 Manual
I had this same problem a couple of weeks ago, just removed the seat and the part cost me $20 from a wrecker and was a new part.

mattsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SENATOR
Just a quick question.

I noticed this piece of plastic is held on by the reclining knob on the side of the seat. How do you remove this?

THanks

Kunu

chasing the big 300!!!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
97VT SSsuper6(179rwkw),daily barina,2008 VE Clubby
Just a quick question.

I noticed this piece of plastic is held on by the reclining knob on the side of the seat. How do you remove this?

THanks
With the right amount of force it just pops off m8..just note theres a little insert/clip piece that goes into the other end..then just slide it out and take cover off : )
well thats for a VT id say its the same for your model!!

heyitsEnricoPallazzo

Big block Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ A4 Saloon
Just a quick question.

THanks

I seem to recall having to remove the seat back to remove that knob. And then having to visit Holden for the sacrificial plastic retainers that break when you remove the back. Or was it in a nightmare........?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I seem to recall having to remove the seat back to remove that knob. And then having to visit Holden for the sacrificial plastic retainers that break when you remove the back. Or was it in a nightmare........?

That's for doing the seat pocket on the back. Just get a screwdriver behind it and pop it off. No need to take the seat all the way out. Just undo the screw halfway along, the one under the front (the one that usually snaps) and take off the recline knob and then pop electric controls out if you have them and you're set. 15 minute job tops.