Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

plastic shroudy thing under the windscreen, what's it called?

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
the plastic shroudy thing under the windscreen on my VP is cracked. the bit that covers the washer motor.
anyone know a part number for one? there's nothing printed on mine. even a name for it would be good, i don't just want to go into holden or a wreckers and describe it like that, especially given the parts department 'tards i seem to deal with.

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
scuttle panel, also if that doesn't work you can just call it a Escutcheon (old school term but many still use it to describe most parts of a car lol)

90lxcn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 lexcen
removing the panel is easy enough and taking that plastic in and saying .

i want one of these

seems to please most wreckers ive been to, ive heard it called a few things but scuttle is the most common i believe

308vkcalais

DIO..
Reaction score
Adelaide(City of Godbothers)Churches S.A.
Members Ride
308 VK Calais, VK EFI Berlina, V6 VN & Kenworth...
Water deflector i think they call thos things.Stupid poxy plastic pieces of crap.The sun makes them brittle ova time.Wreckers will have sum.I think i payed $5 for my son's & it wasn't cracked.Just be warey putting the wipers back on.If the pass side wiper arm's too low it'll catch on the bonnet & shag the shaft up.Told him about that & guess who had 2 fix it...??