Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Plastic Trim Painting

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Something like that would take me over an hour. It's not just a matter of blowing on a bit of paint. The console lid hinge cover I'm working on will take me over an hour by the time I'm finished. Probably 1.5hrs by the time I wash the gun twice and mix the paint twice.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
What car are we talking about? OZeparts make a wide range of products and may have one in the colour you require, depending on the model.

Nate420

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP
What car are we talking about? OZeparts make a wide range of products and may have one in the colour you require, depending on the model.
vp commodore series 2 with 23i trim code.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
vp commodore series 2 with 23i trim code.
In that case it may need a professional. I don't know specifics re VP but on my old VR most of the trims had textured paint and can not be done at home. The panel itself is smooth but somehow when they paint them they produce the textured effect.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
In that case it may need a professional. I don't know specifics re VP but on my old VR most of the trims had textured paint and can not be done at home. The panel itself is smooth but somehow when they paint them they produce the textured effect.
I believe the textured paint is called septone? I remember reading about it years ago on this site (jc)

Nate420

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP

Attachments

• IMG_0515.JPG
    IMG_0515.JPG
    206.2 KB · Views: 149

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yep that's textured paint.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
not VP Blue. bloody hard to source a lot of the plastic now.
The greys (VN-VS) have always been easier to get than the blues or other shades.