Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Plastic Trim Painting

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Haha textured paint, does the can come with a textured spray nozzle I hear you thinking.

You would think the texture is part of the injection moulding surface :)

On early Commodores the texture is in the painting process, not in the plastic from the mould. I have taken paint off them before, when I repainted a VR trim, that's how I know.
There is some way they paint them which causes the texture. Whether that is the paint type or machine IDK.

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
On early Commodores the texture is in the painting process, not in the plastic from the mould. I have taken paint off them before, when I repainted a VR trim, that's how I know.
There is some way they paint them which causes the texture. Whether that is the paint type or machine IDK.
Sounds like you sanded off the texture in the plastic when you repainted fresh colour if black plastic

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Sounds like you sanded off the texture in the plastic when you repainted fresh colour if black plastic
That's a negative I just wiped them with some solvent.

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
That's a negative I just wiped them with some solvent.
you never put any solvent on plastic components, its a no no
If you need to wipe impurities off plastic, just use a safe cheap product like window/glass cleaner, even safe to use on parts before painting.