Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Playing CDs

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
honestly getting everything onto USB flash drive or old iphone/ipod is the path of least resistance.

alternatively he can give me his fancy HU and I'll give him the CD/Tape player out of my Clubby!

barnesnor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Just go old school and track down a discman and a aux cable for him. Problem solved!

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
MY cheap Chinese double din Android unit takes 2 microSD cards... one I've filled with music and it's perfect. I do wish MyLink could take a card... I guess USB drive it is.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
AUXILIARY CD/DVD PLAYER
maybe this would help, using his aux input, give them a call maybe, have one of their radio's in a tonner and really good, looks almost like original but all modern tech

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
If you use iTunes it's very easy - just insert cd, click 2x buttons and the cd's loaded. Then just buy a cheap ipod to hold the music, that way you only need to click 1 more button to load all music onto it.

Thats what I currently play my music with as my car is within my wifi range so I can update my ipod wirelessly.
I don't know that I'd want to sit there & do this 600-odd times for my uncle, maybe I'm just not family oriented. :)

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I ripped all my old CD's and then sold them on ebay.

In my car, I have over 4000 songs to listen to.
What sort of music does the OP's old man like? I probbaly have some of it and could stick it on drop box or something.
Its really not that hard.

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
Why can't you show him how to put a USB Drive into the holder for him and go through the user manual and show him how to select the MyLink option "USB Drive" as the source?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
Why can't you show him how to put a USB Drive into the holder for him and go through the user manual and show him how to select the MyLink option "USB Drive" as the source?

pretty much, once he's used to the USB he'll be sorted - otherwise next car he buys, probably be mechless as well then you are looking for a way to play CD's again.

As Fox Mulder says you can't fight the future.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I doubt the problem is using the USB input, I suspect the problem is the rigmarole involved in ripping & organising a music library.

Not to mention the fact that with MyLink you'd be halfway through the 3rd track of a CD before the USB drive finished "indexing" ...

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
I doubt the problem is using the USB input, I suspect the problem is the rigmarole involved in ripping & organising a music library.

Not to mention the fact that with MyLink you'd be halfway through the 3rd track of a CD before the USB drive finished "indexing" ...

if it's that big a deal, the best option is to get the Mylink ripped out and replaced but yeah that'll cost $$$