Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Please do not conduct business with Doctor Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
I have been dishonestly dealt with by the man, and I'm NOT happy about it.

As some of you are aware, I converted my wagon to a manual back in September. As my computer is a VX Commodore, I had to either find a manual PCM and have it linked to my car's BCM by an auto electrician, or have my current auto PCM reprogrammed. As I couldn't find anyone local who could do it, I got in touch with Dr Bob.

His normal price was $450 for the reprogramming, but since I had VY PCM I was given with the manual conversion parts, he discounted it to $350 for me, so I sent the VY PCM through as well.

I had made arrangements with my wife, who is the primary driver of my car as we knew we'd be without the vehicle for about a week. I received the PCM back the following Monday, took it home that night and the car wouldn't start.

We ended up booking it in at a local auto electrician to try and get it working, however they could do nothing with it. They ended up having a PCM sent through from Sydney which they installed in the car and linked - everything then worked fine.

Except now the instrument cluster was stuffed. During this time I had of course, contacted Bob and was originally going to make arrangements to send my original PCM back to be fixed up, however I did not hear from him until the Thursday because he had been sick. That's fair enough, of course.

However, since the car was now working with a replaced PCM, I wanted to get a refund for the work done since my original was stuff, and now the instrument cluster was stuffed too. My emails and PMs on here to Bob since then have fallen on deaf ears, and I know that he has received and read them.

I have (quite fairly) been asking for $75 for both my original PCM, $75 for the VY PCM which he already received from me, and the $350 refunded. I have not heard a word from Bob in the last few weeks and have given plenty of warning.

I am tired of playing nice when people aren't interested in conducting business with integrity.

Dr Bob does NOT have an ABN. If you conduct business with him, he will provide you with a PO Box which you cannot trace the owner of as it is not associated with an ABN. He did not provide me with a phone number, and I was not given an invoice.

DON'T TAKE THE RISK of dealing with someone who obviously doesn't have the integrity to do the right thing when they screw up. We had to spend an extra $450 at the auto electricians just to get the car started and working, and then an extra $350 to get the instrument cluster replaced. I know I haven't asked for much, but I've certainly been given the raw end of the stick in this situation, and it has cost my wife and I money that we could not afford to spend and I'm STILL paying for the costs in other areas that I have to make up for.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Im going to let this stay.

Any comments to it will be deleted.

Only response that will not be deleted is Robs.

If any other user posts in this after i have deleted their post, expect trouble :)

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
I initially asked you to send it back, and i still have not seen the PCM for repairs
we do have an ABN
you did not ask for a reciept as any time
the instrument cluster issue is not related to anything we did

return the PCM for checking & i will see whats going on.

Rob

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Thanks for answering Rob, will close this now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.