Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

please heeeeelp!

shindiger

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs s2
Hi all, I have posted this question before, but with no real result. So I thought i would try again because this problem is a real pain and is becoming dangerous!
Here it is: Vs V6 dual fuel. 241+Kms. No probs on petrol. when running on gas, when the car has reached operating temp it keeps stalling when you slow down. unless you pull up to a smooooth stop.....it all over. first it was only when you brake fairly hard, but now thats not the case. its getting worse and worse and is happing more often. missus wont even drive the thing anymore!
took it to the gas man, first look he could'nt find anything wrong. needs to go back again to check all electrics.
please help!

yobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH commodore SL wagon 253
im gonna guess your idle is set too low and on gas it doesnt fire as hard so when you brake hardish the revs drop pretty quickly and it dies... when the car is at operating temp maybe the accelorator cable is warming up and loosening a bit. thats my guess i cant see it being anything too complicated if it doesnt do it running on petrol

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
well the idle is set by a screw on the TB, so the acc cable has nothing to do with it.

ssn8r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS Supercharged
is the gas convertor getting cold and freezing up? if it is that is the case. itis not getting any coolant from the water system thruogh it to heat it up to burn the gas.