Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Please Help - cars for wedding - Brisbane

Holden Request

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mercedes
Hi All, I am so sorry this isn't the right platform or place to come to however, I am not sure where to go. I am at a loss and sorry for asking but I didn't know what else to do. Hoping some one can direct me to the right place.
I know you don't need a sad sob story but all I will say is it has been a horrific 6 months the passing of my husband. My daughters wedding 2.7.22 He won't be here to give her away. I just want to bring something special for her to the wedding. She had to give up her V6 Holden commodore a few years back as it was costing her too much in everything being on the Dole back then. She misses it and still loves Holden's lol.
I was wondering if any of you know where I can hire a hotted up one or plain. I live in live in Brisbane. I am happy to pay rental/driver
My phone number 0427101266

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I would help you out with my White 2002 VY Super6 Calais (Perfect Wedding Car) if you were in Southern Suburbs of Melbourne,
Good luck :)

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Hi All, I am so sorry this isn't the right platform or place to come to however, I am not sure where to go. I am at a loss and sorry for asking but I didn't know what else to do. Hoping some one can direct me to the right place.
I know you don't need a sad sob story but all I will say is it has been a horrific 6 months the passing of my husband. My daughters wedding 2.7.22 He won't be here to give her away. I just want to bring something special for her to the wedding. She had to give up her V6 Holden commodore a few years back as it was costing her too much in everything being on the Dole back then. She misses it and still loves Holden's lol.
I was wondering if any of you know where I can hire a hotted up one or plain. I live in live in Brisbane. I am happy to pay rental/driver
My phone number 0427101266
Old holden ? are you referring to a particular Commodore she used to own or an older Holden i.e HQ onwards.
Reason I ask is there are some people attached to car clubs who do hire for weddings etc but they have to be paid under the counter (if you get my drift) as the Palashambles Labour controlled State Govt some years ago deemed it not legal to hire without a PVH licence and rego, which, at last count costalotta.
And the Police have been known to pull wedding parties over and investigate the circumstances of the vehicle use and fine the owner if it is found they are acting outside the law and hiring for profit.

With the introduction of Uber and others I have no idea if this still applies so don't let this stop your search, but I would suggest you write to a car club close by.

Maybe here https://www.facebook.com/RebelsCarClubInc

I could always bring my VZ White highly polished wagon with it's roof racks and mud flaps and it's Superthief spokie wheel trims down for the wedding but i doubt it would excite her, or anyone for that matter.

Good luck

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
My phone number xxxxxxxxxx
Sorry to here of your husbands passing and hope your daughters wedding is a joyful occasion dispute the difficult loss…

As a general comment around www and information sharing, it isn’t a great idea placing your phone number in any public accessible sites. Most if not all sites are scraped for such info and can result in you getting lots of spam calls…

So if you want help with car hire and such, you could ask those who can hel to private message you for your contact details as this is a much more private method and not viable to those pesky scrap bots ;)

You can edit your post and remove your phone number though it’s probably too late as this thread has probably already been copied by other sites…

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Edited title, hopefully it helps with the search.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I have just left a message on her phone. Before I commit myself I would like to go and have a chat with her to see what is involved. The last wedding I went to was my own and that was 33 years ago and that wasn't a flash affair.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I have just left a message on her phone. Before I commit myself I would like to go and have a chat with her to see what is involved. The last wedding I went to was my own and that was 33 years ago and that wasn't a flash affair.
Good on you mate:)