Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Please Help. Error Code 46,47 and 49.

antheh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I own a VT Commodore Series 1. Recently my CAS sensor died, got it towed to the mechanics and they replaced it. ($170 for part and labor so I was happy) When I picked my car up they said that my water pump was leaking and were going to charge me $200 to supply and replace it with a new one. I told them no, picked up a new water pump and took it home. Changed the water pump. Had a tiny little leak from one of the bolts but it wasn't too bad so I decided to check how bad it was by going around the block. I got halfway and the car lost all power, started it again and a few seconds later it lost all power again. I pushed it home and checked the error codes got 46,47 and 49. I was getting 46,47 when the CAS **** itself so I figured maybe the mech's didn't clear the code. So I unhooked the battery then hooked it back up, started the car, it came to life and in a few seconds died. Was getting 46,47 and 49 error again.

Can anyone please help me with what it could be. I really love the car but I'm so tempted at the moment to sell it.

Tomorrow I'm going to take off the water pump and put it back on with a new gasket and sealant, then try again.

Edit: Forgot to add that I remember someone saying 46 and 49 means it's the ignition module, so I'm going to take that out and give it a thorough cleaning.
Also, last time I started it it started fine then started losing power then tried to come back and then died. All happened in the space of around five seconds.

gogi108

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt calais l67
error 47 i believe is cas intermittent signal , i had thi code and occasional stalling but came to life no worries , i replaced cas and seems to have fixed the problem , but have heard dfi module will give same code and symtoms . good luck

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
Last edited:

Plainy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 96 Commodore
I have error codes 46 on one computer and 47 on another that I bought. Have change CAS & DFI module. It's an intermittent problem with starting - was starting to think something in regards to wiring being a problem. What particular area of the wiring should I be looking at?

Code 46 - No Reference Signals While Cranking
Code 47 - 18x Reference Signal Missing
Code 49 - Cam / Crank Shaft Signal Intermittent

sounds like cam or crank angle sensor gone. Did you move any wiring while working on it?
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...765-code-47-crank-angle-reference-signal.html.
Problem probably Crank or cam angle sensor or the wiring for them

D

devilly

if the water pumps been leaking,i would be checking out where the water ran maybe it got water in one of the connectors.

Cashman_309

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais
CAS's can be faulty out of the box.
Replaced mine and it started sputtering a week later.

Ask around, you'll hear much of the same