Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PLEASE HELP!!!.. its a VR starting problem. just have a read please....

S2_VR_

Reaction score
Members Ride
03' M6 VY SS ute
ok thanks mate. where is the charcol canister?....and how do i check if it's working properly??

Milk Moustache

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive '95
Hey guys, i had the same problem with my VR. Trying to start the car, it would kick over fine but the engine wouldnt catch. It was as if there was no fuel getting to the motor.

I got in contact with the person i bought it off and they said get under the back of the car and jiggle the wires around the fuel pump.

Im not too savvy with cars, but there was this little white cylinder looking fuse thing with wires coming out both ends, she said jiggle those and make sure they are in and try starting the car again. hey presto it works but id rather not have to go through that everytime.

Any ideas on what i should do?

Cheers

MM

St3alth187

More time than money
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais 3.8L Manual
Im not too savvy with cars, but there was this little white cylinder looking fuse thing with wires coming out both ends, she said jiggle those and make sure they are in and try starting the car again. hey presto it works but id rather not have to go through that everytime.

What you are referring to here is the fuel sender unit. Im not real experienced. This is just general knowledge i have acquired using this forum.
But many people have problems with their fuel system. Either the pump fails, sender unit dies etc.

Personally, My VR is fine until i fill it full of juice. She doesnt fire after that. So obviously its something internally wrong inside the fuel tank.?

To answer your question for people that may have the same problem. Usually replacing the fuel sender unit can fix the problem. Replacing the lines you were jiggling as they may be clogged.

Jake.

commodorefan93

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 3.8L Vr Aclaim
My VR did this to me once after i installed a new throttle body, sounds like what yours is doing and it was just the vacum hose wasnt hardly on, went fine after that.