Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

please help me understand this

prjacksonau

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
i have a crane came and chip package installed in both cars so what u are saying is i need the chip reprogramed 2 suit my heads

sir355

Father Figure
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SENATOR 215, HZ ute
definately. I once had the crow stage 3 kit in my car, it went hard but was not suited to my engine. Every motor is different, and the chips these company's write are generic. You should deffinately get it tuned properly, and change your diff gears. Where abouts are you located?
Different company's run different dyno programmes. Some use kalmaker, which rewrites your existing chip, where as another company uses a chiptorque programme and can only rewrite a chip torgue chip, so u exchange your chip for one of theres, the end result is the same, bank on around $800-1200, depending on time!!
cheers mate

prjacksonau

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
ah ok i am located at caboolture queensland (near brisbane) hey anouther queeston my sons car has just been run in he uses bp 98 octane fuel in it but now have 2 also use a octane booster 2 stop the pinging timeing is set on 16 deg just wondering if this could also be the chip many thanks

sir355

Father Figure
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SENATOR 215, HZ ute
You can set the timing yourself, so you could retard it a little, your sons car should run on 98 easily. So his chip should be rewritten aswell, you will need bigger injectors if you don't have bigger ones already. You have heaps of good tuners in brizzy.
Good luck

prjacksonau

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
hey my injectors are off a vr v6 block that sold em 2 me reckons they flow as good as vn 5lt injectors is that true

sir355

Father Figure
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SENATOR 215, HZ ute
if they are the supercharged ones they flow abit more than the stock 5lt ones. Go for some blue tops, the group a ones

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
if both engines are exactly the same bar the port and polish job then yours should go harder, definitly get the tune sorted. also check to and see if they have used the correct compresion ratio for the cam. to low a compresion ratio will really loose bottom end power. 16 degrees sound like a lot of base timing?

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
if what you're saying is true about the vr v6 injectors being similar to the vn v8 ones, move up to the vp v8 ones, they are larger, but better yet, go the bosch blue tops...

sir355

Father Figure
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SENATOR 215, HZ ute
In the end with the mods you have done you have to go the blue tops as a minimum. Mine where good for 320 at the bags but they were maxed out, i'm not even gonna try with the new intake on it, i'm updating to a bigger fuel pump and bosch green tops. And immortality is right about your timming 16 deg is a bit aggressive, back it off a bit!!

sir355

Father Figure
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SENATOR 215, HZ ute
hey atrail where in the south of adelaide you from?