Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

please help me vy v6

zanolomas

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s II v6
hello i really need some help. i have a vy s2 standard v6 .
its been running rough when it idles and if it sits for about 3 minuets the check engine sigh comes up and goes away about 2 minuets after that iv taken it to mechanics and they said they couldn't find it put on the computer and no errors come up . iv replaced water pump spark plugs thermostat leads cleaned air lines and still doing it please any ideas I will give it ago thanks

Last edited:

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
If the engine light came on there must be codes stored, historical codes will still be kept even if the problem went away. They haven't checked properly, try again or take it somewhere else.

You could try cleaning your maf sensor as it might be covered in oil. Check all your vacuum hoses for any cracks or broken hoses.
5-10 minutes without moving is a long time for a car to idle so temperatures would be getting pretty high, could be temperature related. Or a warning that you're wasting fuel and if idling for that long you should turn your car off.......

Without codes you'll just be guessing really!!

zanolomas

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s II v6
thanks for the reply its more like if im driving to town and stop at the lights for like 3 mins . and i will cheak them and i might have to go some were different see if they can help thanks

MRNICK

LS1 LOVE
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenowners.com
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
The rough running sounds like a clogged/blocked up idle port on the throttle body, which could be causing the CEL to flash and then go away.

vy2002

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
id definitely take it somewhere to get the error codes checked out, could be anything. Throwing up a light could mean a sensor issue (o2 , air flow meter error etc.)
let us know the results

zanolomas

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s II v6
OK thanks for all the help i will be taking it to some one else i will post the results thanks again