Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Please Help me..

R

redgts

Hi guys. I'm new here, please take care of me :bow:
I had placed an order in for a VE GTS with sunroof and red interior on 22/08/06. At that time the dealer told me the car can be deliver middle Sep, but in middle Sep they told me there are too many orders as result the car will be deliver to me middle Oct . I went to the dealer ship today, they said because the sunroof has running out so the car should be can deliver to me middle Nov. That means i must wait another month.

Just want to know, Is it true that HSV running out sunroofs?
What should i do?

Thanks guys ..

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Damm dude thats not good to hear, GTS would be sik to own.

I doubt they would run outta sunroofs but u neva know unless ur workin in there....

Keep us all up 2 date when u get it, would be good to get sum good shots of it inside n out..

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
I havnt heard of anything to do with a shortage of sunroofs. Things like that do happen though. A few weeks ago their was a shortage of axles for a little while. So I heard anyway.

R

redgts

i'll take some photos immidiatly for you guys onece i got the car..:)

SV6Sean

Reaction score
Website
www.virginblue.com.au
Members Ride
VE Ignition SV6 Manual HSVi Perf Pack
Guys I was thinking of ordering a SSV with Sunroof and a few other factory mods and was told it could take upto 5-6 weeks.. So that might mean something. I was also told that a big killer in waiting time is sunroofs across the range

stevegunn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim wagon vt acclaim sedan
I never completed my apprenticeship as a motor trimmer (idiot i know, long story!!):bang: But jeez, I can fit a sunroof in no time. Can only guess the supplier has run out of stock? Hollandia i think did holdens but thats just a vague memory, so dont shoot me down if im wrong there.:thumbsup:
Love to see some pics when ya get it though, best looking one of the HSV's that ive seen from pics so far. Hang on it'll be worth the wait:w00t:

R

redgts

Hopefully i can get the car with in a month.... Can't understand why HOLDEN only hold a few sunroofs in stock ... I'll never order a factory sunroof from now on ...:cry:

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
must of been more demand than what they anticpated

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
Never install a sunroof after market - you're asking for trouble. At least the factory fitted job will be fully warranted.

And to the OP. The best person to ask about the delay would in fact be the people you're already talking to - your dealership. You really don't think they're putting your off for another reason do you? Think of the commission they'll be getting from a GTS. They're keen as mustard to sell it to you mate!

Oh, and for heaven's sake - PLEASE learn basic English spelling and Grammar!