Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

please help my car wont start!

caiti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive v6
hey all

i have a yv commodore v6 executive and it an auto
on friday night it randomly started stalling while i was idling.
the next day she ran fine not a problem but come Saturday night the stalling started again i was able to start it the first few times but then i stalled again and now i cant start it at all!!

any ideas on what the problem could be?

i am so sad i miss my car!!

Addylx8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Adventra LX8
sounds like fuel pump, or earthing prob...

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
sounds like fuel pump, or earthing prob...

yeh sounds like that or maybe a blocked IAC valve (idle air control valve), had a vt that was on gas, wouldn't start at all on gas and would barely start on fuel, kept cutting out and stalling on petrol, pulled the IAC valve out and found it was gunked up and getting stuck, cleaned it thoroughly and was starting again on petrol fine and started on gas again, just needed the gas retuned though. Have seen this on other types of vehicles as well with an iac valve.

like said above could be one of those problems or a blocked fuel filter, when was that last done? the iac valve is a quick and easy check if your handy with the tools and can also disconnect a fuel line at the start of the filter and see if there's fuel coming out or turn the ignition on with someone under the car at the back and listen to see if the fuel pump is primming/making a noise to indicate if working.